Minecraft PS4 & Xbox One Builds and MP game Thread

Caporegime
OP
I'm not sure how that works either would be good to have a mess around with 7 other people.

Thinking of starting a farm today for sheep/cows and pigs.

Associate
Hi guys just after some advice really....

I used to play minecraft PE on my mobile back when it very first came to android and I loved building my world.
I have got this on the ps4 and it's different in terms of, the survival mode. What is the best way to play this game? My main enjoyment is building, should I do this inside or outside of survival mode?

Apologies for the noobish question but I haven't played it since PE edition and I only ever built stuff which didn't include zombies at night etc.

Caporegime
OP
Had 36 levels of XP in the bank and got killed by three bow and arrow guys mining for diamonds.

Lost all my obsidian, an enchanted book I found and my diamond sword/pick axe, both maps and lots of other stuff.

Luckily I knew the mine well and was able to find it all again. Luckily I set up a mob spawner farm so I should get the XP back quickly.

Soldato
Did you find the obsidian or just make it with lava?

What extras does the PS4 version come with? On the One you get Halo, Mass Effect and Skyrim levels which is pretty cool.

Caporegime
OP
I made it in the cave when I saw a waterfall next to some lava.

This was my starting shelter.
1.jpg

Munching on a carrot, surveying the area, decided this looked like a good spot to setup a house around due to the resources available.
2.jpg

Say, that's a nice view!
3.jpg

It never rains, but it pours. This is the site I chose.
4.jpg

Outline of the house sorted and doors placed.
5.jpg

Starting to resemble a castle....
6.jpg

First floor and roof sorted.
7.jpg

Found some pets to make the place feel like home.
8.jpg

The vegetable plot
9.jpg

Outer shell complete and can rest easy in my house.
10.jpg

So those direct captures from my PS4 are the progress from me living in the side of a hill to building something a little more homely.

I haven't decorated much inside short of having my bedroom with my chest of goodies (diamonds, emeralds, weapons, etc in there, the middle floor is lifeless at the moment, but will probably become either a library with an enchanting table in it (that may be developed in the basement when I create it) and the ground floor is currently where I have my furnace and various chests containing food items/building materials.

My farm is growing carrots, potatoes/ pumpkins and watermelons and I need to add chickens to my farm.

On the whole I'm happy with the progress so far, my house also has room on the opposite side to expand out to another wing if I need it ( I certainly have plenty of cobblestone in my mining HQ to expand it a lot more, and I want to pretty it up outside once I get to the nether and get some glowstone.

So come on peeps let's see what you've been upto.
:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Does it matter what your house is made from? I have something aroud 600 blocks of dirt so thinking of using that to build a massive house but dont know if it is better to have something more solid.

Level 36, you definitely play it too much, I got to 5 and got blown up :(

Caporegime
OP
Does it matter what your house is made from? I have something aroud 600 blocks of dirt so thinking of using that to build a massive house but dont know if it is better to have something more solid.

Level 36, you definitely play it too much, I got to 5 and got blown up :(

Dirt isn't the best thing to use but it's a start. Just be careful of wood, it's a really big fire risk.

All I was doing is mining coal loads, it really is a great source of XP. Then got diamonds, killed lots of monsters whilst cave exploring and through mining other stuff.

Impressive! What does a farm consist of? My house looks ok for a first attempt ill try and get some shots uploaded!

Can be anything, it's just animals I have led to a pen and 'captured' so I can breed them (feeding both animals food they like puts them into love mode and out pops a little animal) so I have a resource for leather/wool/milk/meat etc. I need to add chickens for eggs/feathers.

I also have some fish I caught ready to tame two Ocelots. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You don't have to feed them at all., just give them food they like if you want to breed them.

I just saved them from the share button then exported them to USB.

Back
Top Bottom