Mini-Rant: Posties...

Associate
Similar story to n1blo...

Found out today that a postman left a few parcels for me OUTSIDE on the pavement the other day, rather than buzz any one of the six flats in my block or leaving a 'while you were out card' and taking them back to the sorting office.

Needless to say I never got to open them :(

Soldato
I've only ever experienced it once. Got up early as expecting a package, sitting in the living room about with all internal doors open playing xbox and hear postie delivery. I think nothing of it, assuming it's the general post as there wasn't a knock or anything. A couple of hours later and I'm worried, go to the front door and find a "You were out..." slip. Was absolutely livid, but put it down to the guy probably pressing our (non-working) doorbell rather than knocking the door itself.

Soldato
There are quite a few countries where just getting the card delivered and having to go pick your parcel up is normal practice. Although Royal Mail has gone down hill a lot in recent years, mostly due to the loss of their monopoly, it is still a lot better than other countries postal services.

Soldato
Similar story to n1blo...

Found out today that a postman left a few parcels for me OUTSIDE on the pavement the other day, rather than buzz any one of the six flats in my block or leaving a 'while you were out card' and taking them back to the sorting office.

Needless to say I never got to open them :(

At least my package was up a driveway. That's ridiculous! Will it all be insured?

If only people would use their common sense!

Soldato
I've the reverse.
my postbox is round the side of the building from me with all the others, our postie leaves everything out, puts small letters though the mailbox but won't put anything else in. just leaves all the parces and larger letters on the floor under the mailboxs. I've had 3-4 games I ordered online go missing (to the point where one co thought I was trying to defraud them) I've complained about this each time but get no-where.
even if I'm in he doesn't come round to our side and knock if we have parcels etc

Associate
It wouldnt be so bad if the place where the parcels are kept were open to a reasonable hour, they close here at 12 o'clock, so i pretty much have to not go to college to collect a parcel that they havent bothered their arse to deliver.

Soldato
It wouldnt be so bad if the place where the parcels are kept were open to a reasonable hour, they close here at 12 o'clock, so i pretty much have to not go to college to collect a parcel that they havent bothered their arse to deliver.

Seems like they close at 12 everywhere. It's completely useless, I like long lies!

Soldato
Even worse with the companies that use branded tape!

Edit:

Just got a call back, she couldn't even get through to the Head Office, no-one answering, and now it looks like Friday delivery, for something that should have been here before 1PM yesterday :mad:.

Surely you are entitled to some kind of compensation as you have paid for a service that you have not received?

Soldato
Over here Czech Post doesn't deliver packages to residential addresses at all, you have to collect from the local post office. I usually get packages sent to work as they deliver to businesses.
I miss RM.

Soldato
Over here Czech Post doesn't deliver packages to residential addresses at all, you have to collect from the local post office.

I wouldn't mind that, but our collections office i no longer open when I can get to it during the week. It used to be three days from 7.30 -12.00 and two days from 16.00 to 20.00, but they scrapped the evenings. I can only collect my parcels on a Saturday.

Unfortunately I can't always have things delviered to work; in my last role everything was x-rayed and we were specifically asked not to have any electrical items delivered to work.

Associate
My mate ordered a £650 LCD TV which the courier left outside on his doorstep in the rain.

Luckily the TV worked but as no-one signed for it my mate felt annoyed enough to say he never received it. When the retailer spoke to the courier, the package was signed for by a "Mr Smith", not my mate, so obviously someone the delivery guy just made up.

So my mate got an extra TV, which he saw as compensation for the shoddy delivery service.

Back
Top Bottom