Mini-Rant: Posties...

Soldato
they were talking about this on the jeremy vine show on radio 2 today. from what i could gather is that it can be quite common practice. some callers blamed staff levels and the weight of the goods having to be carted about. anyway seems that many have complained but nothing changes.

Soldato
Sometimes a driver will put a shut notice in the walk frame for the postie to take out the next day if he was not able to get a signature or nobody opens the door, though no idea why they left it behind, i know i would never do this.. what am i meant to say when they ask why i didn't have them on me in the first place?.

Associate
If there was ever an example of why a postal service should be 100% public Royal Mail is it.
It's no use opening the postal service up to competition. Opening it up to competition brought about the shoddy RM we have today. Downstream access anyone?

Anyway, OP's postie is a lazy ****, or somebody has put the slip in her frame and she's posted it without noticing.
Can't understand why you'd put a packet in your panniers and then just slip it when you get there unless you couldn't be bothered to carry it on a walk.

I'm a postie btw.

Associate
Parcelforce and the rest of the couriers that bring parcels, which have traditionally tended to be bigger.

Eh?
You make it sound like RM don't do parcels?
When I'm on a rural I frequently take parcels out. I've delivered TVs before. Parcels aren't passed straight to Parcelforce, if that's what you were implying :p They're a completely separate entity to RM letters, as you know.

Soldato
We've had some usless posties in the last few months, not sure where they got them from either, think they must be students or something. They've posted letter through no problem.

My issue though is that I was sent a hard drive and rather than knock or ring the door bell, the chump left it to the right of the door step, when it happened to be chucking it down with rain.

Royal Mail ? More like Royal Fail.

Associate
Why not lump the parcels and deliver them all in the local area by van? Saves the lazy so and so's not wanting to carrying/dropping/kicking/smashing them as they walk around, or would that be too simple and not cost efficient?

Soldato
Most of them I've noticed have a hard time walking to the right address, I shudder to think what they are like when you put them in a van and expect them to drive !

Man of Honour
Why not lump the parcels and deliver them all in the local area by van? Saves the lazy so and so's not wanting to carrying/dropping/kicking/smashing them as they walk around, or would that be too simple and not cost efficient?

Because that would require two staff and two vehicles to work the same route. So yeah, cost efficient it most certainly isn't.

Back
Top Bottom