Mister FPGA

Associate
I've not followed the Sinden Lightgun for a while, but it seems they now have a driver for the Mister with support in the NES, SNES, Mega Drive and PS1 cores.

Sweet, need to give that a go, have really neglected both my mister and the sinden

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Edit: I have just had a look, different and potentially has a few issues with sound and at 1080p.

I am going to hold out for the clone from Taki Udon, hoping they will launch as a complete kit with the USB Hub and IO Board.
That's the old board!

This new one should have fixed all the issues, I'll find out next week I guess

Soldato
I still want one of these my brother in law has had one for a couple years. It’s just the price increase that is stopping me.
Wait for the clone board mentioned by Zaf or me :). Taki Udon is supposed to be releasing a complete setup for a decent price, and potentially a handheld mister as well!

Soldato
Is there a guide or recommended hardware list for putting together a full Mister setup? To play Sega 8 and 16 bit initially

Soldato
I could be wrong, but I am sure SMS and Mega Drive are playable without RAM. SNES might need RAM, and you can get different sizes. You could probably buy the DE10-NANO, RAM and a PSU and then add the USB hub and IO board at a later date.
Thanks, thats a useful build plan list

Soldato
Thanks, thats a useful build plan list
No problem. It is worth keeping an eye on this clone build being released by Taki Udon, he posted a potential price list yesterday:

DE10-NANO is quite expensive on its own, but with 128mb of RAM you can play everything. The USB Hub and IO board are useful and you will probably want one eventually, but not a necessity.

Soldato
No problem. It is worth keeping an eye on this clone build being released by Taki Udon, he posted a potential price list yesterday:

DE10-NANO is quite expensive on its own, but with 128mb of RAM you can play everything. The USB Hub and IO board are useful and you will probably want one eventually, but not a necessity.
Interesting, thats quite a saving! I'll keep an eye on that project

Associate
I'd like to see some UK prices... and if anyone will be offering kits. MISTER is still pretty niche and expensive...

Associate
You can get the QMTECH clone board with 128MB SDRAM for £103 on Ali Express now!
Yeah how is the compatibility with programs (100%?) and what about cases/accessories? I have only really heard/followed the other clone. Any links you can share, please?

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
The GPIO header is flipped which caught me out and I didn't read the online quick start guide first like an idiot. So where the SDRAM says this way face outwards, you actually have to have it facing inwards. Other than that it's been running just like the DE10, took my sd card out of the DE10, popped it in the QMTECH and can't tell the difference.

Obviously you won't have this problem if you buy it with the built in SDRAM which I think gives a better overall form factor anyway.

I don't think it's compatible with existing IO Boards/USB hub or cases with them options, but I don't use these anyway and they are meant to be releasing their own compatible add-ons etc soon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom