Mister FPGA

Yeah, I wish they would offer the board on it's own. The PSU cord is too short, the fan is stupidly loud but did drop my temps by ~15 - 20C and the SD card is dubious but it did pass the fake test I ran on it. I love the integrated SDRAM, I think it really improves on the form factor.

I think it's great for a minimal setup, just could be even cheaper and reduce e-waste by not including the crap
Just to clarify, it looks like QMTECH have started to supply much quieter fans than the early adopter one I got.

Zaf those cases look awesome. What are they for? Love the MGS and Sonic CD ones the most.

I'm going to see what happens with Taki's board, as it looks like things are moving a good pace. The QMTECH board does look good though, I watched a video on it and despite some dubious changes to header positioning and a few things, it is such an awesome and cheap way to get into the MiSTer scene.
They are for the TapTo project. Inside are NFC cards.

It's just a nostalgic neat way to try and recreate physical media for the MiSTer.

Where’s the best place to buy a DE10-Nano? Official site in Taiwan are selling it for 190 USD (I work in education).

Last edited:
Where’s the best place to buy a DE10-Nano? Official site in Taiwan are selling it for 190 USD (I work in education).

I agree with @Zaf . If you are looking to use it as a Mister and not a dev board then wait for Taki Udon or QMTECH. I'm particularly interested in Taki's full console design as it adds a bunch of features for a lower price.

Best place is Mouser but I would strongly consider the QMTECH board or wait for Taki's board instead...

DE10-Nano

QMTECH
They are currently sold out but are £133 inc 128MB SDRAM, VAT & shipping

They said to me they will be restocked inside a month... Think I will go for this one... But many people suggest ANOTHER ram stick dont they? IDK what cores need dual Ram

Last edited:
GT0sfYTWgAAlzTS
That’s awesome! Might have to look at printing some of these

Reactions: Zaf
They said to me they will be restocked inside a month... Think I will go for this one... But many people suggest ANOTHER ram stick dont they? IDK what cores need dual Ram
None need dual ram, maybe one or two very niche cores but none of the main gaming cores. Also, if you get the QMTECH with integrated 128MB you can still add another 128MB later

Enjoy dude. I wanted to order one, but am going to try Taki's first. Power supply is putting me off the QMTECH.
How so, it's no different to the DE10-Nano and if you really want to have a USB-C port you can buy adapters... Also, did you know Taki is no longer supplying his boards with a power adapter!

The QMTEC with integrated SDRAM also opens up more possibilities a DIY handheld kit will be coming very soon..

GUvdGZLWEAASpZH

Last edited:
How so, it's no different to the DE10-Nano and if you really want to have a USB-C port you can buy adapters... Also, did you know Taki is no longer supplying his boards with a power adapter!

The QMTEC with integrated SDRAM also opens up more possibilities a DIY handheld kit will be coming very soon..

GUvdGZLWEAASpZH
Tbf Zaf most have mentioned the PSU being of dubious quality. If there was a good alternative PSU I'd jump at it, as I want a few of these. The QMTECH one does appeal to me as a sort of travel MiSTer. I haven't used the stock DE10 PSU either :).

Taki's not including a USB C PSU isn't really that much of a concern, I'd probably have bought an Anker or other brand anyway - as you can tell, paranoid about these things.

I'll keep an eye on both. Plan to get at least two of somethimg whether it be Taki or QMTECH. Let the clone wars begin lol.

That handheld system looks awesome!

Tbf Zaf most have mentioned the PSU being of dubious quality. If there was a good alternative PSU I'd jump at it, as I want a few of these. The QMTECH one does appeal to me as a sort of travel MiSTer. I haven't used the stock DE10 PSU either :).

Taki's not including a USB C PSU isn't really that much of a concern, I'd probably have bought an Anker or other brand anyway - as you can tell, paranoid about these things.

I'll keep an eye on both. Plan to get at least two of somethimg whether it be Taki or QMTECH. Let the clone wars begin lol.

That handheld system looks awesome!
You kinda contradict yourself hehe You say the QMTEC PSU is dubious and if there was an alternative you would jump at it, but then you say you don't care that Taki's comes with one or not :p

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 5 USB-C adapter with my QMTEC for a project I'm working on, but have also used my Odroid XU4 with it as well. The reviews of all the QMTEC PSU's have been US adapters, the build quality of my UK one in all honesty isn't that bad, just feels like any other generic PSU, however, the power cord is way too short for it to be of any use lol

You kinda contradict yourself hehe You say the QMTEC PSU is dubious and if there was an alternative you would jump at it, but then you say you don't care that Taki's comes with one or not :p

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 5 USB-C adapter with my QMTEC for a project I'm working on, but have also used my Odroid XU4 with it as well. The reviews of all the QMTEC PSU's have been US adapters, the build quality of my UK one in all honesty isn't that bad, just feels like any other generic PSU, however, the power cord is way too short for it to be of any use lol

I guess my point being if there is a decent alternative PSU I'd jump at either. I have a Pi4 adapter, I'll have a look into that. Thanks Zaf.

Reactions: Zaf
Back
Top Bottom