Mister FPGA

The GPIO header is flipped which caught me out and I didn't read the online quick start guide first like an idiot. So where the SDRAM says this way face outwards, you actually have to have it facing inwards. Other than that it's been running just like the DE10, took my sd card out of the DE10, popped it in the QMTECH and can't tell the difference.

Obviously you won't have this problem if you buy it with the built in SDRAM which I think gives a better overall form factor anyway.

I don't think it's compatible with existing IO Boards/USB hub or cases with them options, but I don't use these anyway and they are meant to be releasing their own compatible add-ons etc soon
If it is like Taki's I wonder if IO Board v9.2 will work with it.

The GPIO header is flipped which caught me out and I didn't read the online quick start guide first like an idiot. So where the SDRAM says this way face outwards, you actually have to have it facing inwards. Other than that it's been running just like the DE10, took my sd card out of the DE10, popped it in the QMTECH and can't tell the difference.

Obviously you won't have this problem if you buy it with the built in SDRAM which I think gives a better overall form factor anyway.

I don't think it's compatible with existing IO Boards/USB hub or cases with them options, but I don't use these anyway and they are meant to be releasing their own compatible add-ons etc soon

Thanks, can you link me where you find info on this? The £103 price is plus VAT but with built in ram surely that has to be more stable as well as tidier and a good overall price. Cases?

Thanks, I meant where do you get your info? I found their Twitter and the Aliexpress page but wondering if (apart from RetroRGB) there was another source?

Presumably with the bare board you could use a USB hub and plug in mouse and KB on the £103 board and be done... I dont care for VGA myself.

Thanks, I meant where do you get your info? I found their Twitter and the Aliexpress page but wondering if (apart from RetroRGB) there was another source?

Presumably with the bare board you could use a USB hub and plug in mouse and KB on the £103 board and be done... I dont care for VGA myself.
I'm part of Wizzo's discord as I work on the TapTo project. I also follow all the dev's on Twitter and Pixel Cheery Ninja and Lu source on YouTube

Yeah, with the board with built in SDRAM all you need to do is plug in a USB hub and whatever peripheral's you need

Last edited:
Taki's has been delayed again!
I reckon we will get a date next month (maybe end of / early September). I will pick up one of the QMTECH boards to have a tinker with. Think I might check out a different PSU though and USB Hub any recommendations Zaf?

His communication really winds me up!

Under is not a final price… Is it $70, $90, $98.9 etc
Tbf, whatever it is, seems like a good price for a full kit. My only issue is a lack of case at the moment, I haven't seen anything to suggest it comes with one and the fan looks like an instant swap!

GT0sfYTWgAAlzTS

Tbf, whatever it is, seems like a good price for a full kit. My only issue is a lack of case at the moment, I haven't seen anything to suggest it comes with one and the fan looks like an instant swap!
Yeah, I wish they would offer the board on it's own. The PSU cord is too short, the fan is stupidly loud but did drop my temps by ~15 - 20C and the SD card is dubious but it did pass the fake test I ran on it. I love the integrated SDRAM, I think it really improves on the form factor.

I think it's great for a minimal setup, just could be even cheaper and reduce e-waste by not including the crap

GTkFqbyW0AA9sG6

Zaf those cases look awesome. What are they for? Love the MGS and Sonic CD ones the most.

I'm going to see what happens with Taki's board, as it looks like things are moving a good pace. The QMTECH board does look good though, I watched a video on it and despite some dubious changes to header positioning and a few things, it is such an awesome and cheap way to get into the MiSTer scene.

Back
Top Bottom