Mister FPGA

Possibly, they come up quite a bit through my work (they are still widely used in the medical industry). Will keep you in mind and if I see anything, i'll let you know :)

And cheers again for telling me of the Mister, I wouldn't have known about it if not from you :)
I would definitely be interested. Thanks Rich :).

What cores you looking to get started with? :).

I would definitely be interested. Thanks Rich :).

What cores you looking to get started with? :).
No probs :)

I'm really enjoying going through the consoles at the moment and reliving a lot of memories. Looking forward to trying the ao486 as love the classic point and click stuff. Also have the MT32 addon, never had a Roland back in the day so it's going to be great to get that running. I'm outputting sound through the Toslink to a DAC - speaker so it should sound nice

What cores are you loading up the most?

Last edited:
No probs :)

I'm really enjoying going through the consoles at the moment and reliving a lot of memories. Looking forward to trying the ao486 as love the classic point and click stuff. Also have the MT32 addon, never had a Roland back in the day so it's going to be great to get that running. I'm outputting sound through the Toslink to a DAC - speaker so it should sound nice

What cores are you loading up the most?
The cores which get most of my attention at the moment are:

Master System
Mega Drive / CD
Playstation

I am looking forward to the 32X core being finished, as I would like to play Knuckles Chaotix. It works well in its current state, very playable but it does not support saves.

So tempted to get one of these but I know my other half will make me box up and put in the loft all my old consoles if I do....
No reason to keep them out with a mister, you can literally play every 8 and 16 bit computer and console perfectly and now some 32 bit consoles, Jaguar core is in development too and hopefully 3DO on the horizon, Saturn should be complete sometime this year also.

But I like having all my consoles out on display and hooked up to an ancient plasma screen lol!

Yes I have been following the muster forum for a long time, there is a lot of excitement around the ps1 and Saturn cores

Finally took the plunge and ordered one of these, had to order direct for Terasic, a UK supplier put some up for sale the other day but by the time I got there they had sold out, have ordered an IO board, USB hub, SDRAM module and a case as well from somewhere else.

I have an Analogue NT Mini, Super NT, and a Mega SG already, which I either use the jail broken software to play direct from SD card or a flash cart, but with me eventually losing access to my games room, I want something I can just stick behind the TV in the living room and not have to swap around too much depending on what I want to play.

Last edited:
Finally took the plunge and ordered one of these, had to order direct for Terasic, a UK supplier put some up for sale the other day but by the time I got there they had sold out, have ordered an IO board, USB hub, SDRAM module and a case as well from somewhere else.

I have an Analogue NT Mini, Super NT, and a Mega SG already, which I either use the jail broken software to play direct from SD card or a flash cart, but with me eventually losing access to my games room, I want something I can just stick behind the TV in the living room and not have to swap around too much depending on what I want to play.
Enjoy :). Let us know how you get on. The cores on this system are fantastic.

man looking at the price / availability of the boards I regret not getting on this earlier.

It's almost steam deck kind of money now.

Yeah just priced it up at £380 for what seems to be the bare minimum :\

Last edited:
I’m just trying to figure out what else I need to get, is it just a SDRAM add-on and is the 128MB worth it over the 32MB?
128MB SDRAM is required for access to certain cores including PS1 / Saturn.

Not required, but worth picking up a Digital IO board and USB Hub as well. UK Powersupply (with an on/off switch).

Additional useful bits would be a WiFi and Bluetooth adapter :).

128MB SDRAM is required for access to certain cores including PS1 / Saturn.

Not required, but worth picking up a Digital IO board and USB Hub as well. UK Powersupply (with an on/off switch).

Additional useful bits would be a WiFi and Bluetooth adapter :).

I've already got a USB OTG Adapter and Hub, what other benefits does the IO board bring? I'll be using it over HDMI.

I'll grab a 128MB SDRAM then :)

Back
Top Bottom