Mister FPGA

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Here we go, finally got chance to set it up, which was a complete doddle using Mr Fusion.

This is my temporary setup for now...

I'm using the official Raspberry Pi keyboard with built in USB Hub, Odroid WiFi adapter and Buffalo Gamepad.

Only tested Mega Drive so far as my SDRAM doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

I never thought I would say this but, it runs so much smoother than on a Pi 4, I'm quite shocked with the difference.

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I'm loving the Amiga core with MegaAGS.

I've noticed, now I've installed the SDRAM and copper heatsink, it gets very hot, even the brass standoffs are warm :-/ Is this normal?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm loving the Amiga core with MegaAGS.

I've noticed, now I've installed the SDRAM and copper heatsink, it gets very hot, even the brass standoffs are warm :-/ Is this normal?
its a hot chip. Max temp is 125c so I wouldn't worry about it. You can get a fan top but personally never felt the need for what is likely to be very minimal reduction in temperature given how small they are.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I've also ordered a RFID Reader and have a couple of dev boards lying around. I'm going to build a RFID Card game loader, has anyone else on here already done this?

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
If anyone is bored one day/evening, can you see if you can run these python scripts on your mister please?

I can run the rfid_updater.sh script which sets up the file directory and installs the other scripts, but the serial_listen.sh script doesn't appear to be running when I restart the mister.

When I scan one of my RFID cards I expect the game_list.conf to be written to but it doesn't work, this is why I expect the serial_listen.sh isn't running in the background, and I don't know how to double check.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s not hard to pick up and learn as long as you’ve got a steady(ish) hand! Plenty of YouTube videos out there
I tried once, it didn't work out for me. Not sure if solder or Joe issue :). I'd like to buy a decent one and try my hand at it again when I get spare time.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
The big news this week is that the guy who made the Playstation core is working on an N64 core and believes it can be done, exciting times!

"Well, let me be honest to you: we will very likely not see the fully fledged N64 CPU running at 93Mhz with timing closure. But there is a slight chance we might see it running overclocked in this area?

I cannot tell you today what will be possible, but I can assure you that I'm eager to work on this and make the very best I can. What I can tell you already is, that there are ways to work around this issue that will still make the CPU more accurate to the original than the current generation of software emulators.

Also I will make sure to develop the CPU fully accurate and just reduce things down for MiSTer to make games run at full speed, so that when we will have some more powerful board in the future, the core can be fully accurate from the very start."

Soldato
I went with those 8bitdo Bluetooth snes pads since these days wireless is needed for the convenience. Very good pads im impressed with 8bitdo. I may get the megadrive versions they have. Think it's the M30

Back
Top Bottom