Monaco Grand Prix 2010, Monte Carlo - Race 6/19

I wouldn't actually mind as much if he had admitted it in his interview. He could have said he didn't check his mirrors and was sorry for impeding Jenson. But not only did he not do that, he lied about an imaginary car being infront of him..

Now maybe I have it wrong, but I'm 93% sure that Massa didn't have a car immediately infront of him to justify the slow down, where as Button discovered some Italians had built a big red blockade in the middle of Monaco..

Traffic, Owenb, is different to blocking on the last corner of a hot lap for the person behind with an easy step to the right side of the track where the pit entrance is to let him through. Traffic was inevitable and we're not saying people didn't get in the way on laps, but no one else appeared to have made such an avoidable block at a critical point. It still would have been a harsh penalty, but I think Ferrari dropped the ball on not informing Massa correctly, or Massa dropped the ball on not looking in his mirrors.

I would have no problem giving Massa a penalty for what he did if he had cost Button a position on the grid. What I disagree with is the blanket-If he impeded someone then he should get a penalty regardless of whether it cost the other driver a better position. I am going to repeat myself here but hopefully the stewards, whom include Damon Hill, used some common sense and looked at Buttons lap and saw it wasn't any better than his fastest lap.

Massa did the block Button that is a fact. Should he be given a penalty or telling of maybe.

Talk of the FIA in cahoots with any team is nonsense, seriously what the hell are some of you on? Besides the the FIA don't hand out race day penalties the Stewards do, or which one is a former world champion. Do you guys seriously think that you are more qualified than the full time steward plus a former world champion. Some of you are playing DA as like to from time to time, the rest are just delusional. ;-)

I am NOT awake... I refuse to be awake..

Drivers Briefing - I expect to see lots of carbon fibre shards strewn across the racetrack... capiche?

Actually, I dont think we need doubt carnage, with alonso at the rear, and with 6 mobile cicanes.. it will be a chaotic first few laps, during which time, the front runners will all nip in and change to hards..

Webber will likely retire due to unforseen wall, vettel will suffer a technical failure.

I have nothing against them, but like people said of brawn last year, the dominance is boring, though redbull aren't converting that, its coming.

Morning people!

Im expecting some form of carnage today! :D

Could be the only thing going for the race although having Alonso at the back could produce an interesting twist so long as he doesn't get taken out. Atleast he should miss any 1st corner shenanigans starting from the pits.

Mornin' gang. Feeling terribly hungover from a day in Wolverhampton with some old school friends. Did qually go off without a hitch in the end?

Massa was a bit of a tit and ruined one of Jensons hot laps, oh and Fred didn't take part cos he mashed his car up in practice. Kubica was on for pole after some fantastic laps, but then Webber pipped him at the last minute. I think thats got it pretty covered :)

Massa was a bit of a tit and ruined one of Jensons hot laps, oh and Fred didn't take part cos he mashed his car up in practice. Kubica was on for pole after some fantastic laps, but then Webber pipped him at the last minute. I think thats got it pretty covered :)

Cheers knip :)

Mornin' gang. Feeling terribly hungover from a day in Wolverhampton with some old school friends. Did qually go off without a hitch in the end?

Just don't read backwards from there. There's some posts you won't like.

I did like the BBC's editing of the Massa block followed by him talking about the imaginary car infront slowing down.

Lol i'm from wolverhampton, its a hole i've no plans on going back.

Race starts in 30mins. Quick everyone do a rain dance.

Would love to see a red flag and a restart like in the old days.

Back
Top Bottom