Monaco Grand Prix 2010, Monte Carlo - Race 6/19

Don't the Renaults usually have a great start? Should be good. Expect two safety cars as Alonso pushes someone off track and a rookie hit the barrier.

Renault traditionally do have very good traction. Shows it well here.
The top 3 all have the Renault engine so should be an entertaining first corner.

Alonso could well get stuck behind Lotus/Virgin/HRT/Sauber for most of the race though.

What are these terrible "highlights" of qualifying for each of the teams? Have they always been there? Terrible little bits with rubbish music over the noise of the cars. Not even any commentary over the top.

Hamilton actually improved over what I thought we were going to get from McLaren.

Great lap from Webber, obviously feeling very confident. Nice to see them split by Kubica. That Ferrari isnt far off the pace either, just wondering what Lonso could have done with it.

What are these terrible "highlights" of qualifying for each of the teams? Have they always been there? Terrible little bits with rubbish music over the noise of the cars. Not even any commentary over the top.

EXACTLY!

I hate music over the noise of the engine. I want to hear engine noise!!!

Alonso could well get stuck behind Lotus/Virgin/HRT/Sauber for most of the race though.

For part of the race, he will be stuck behind them, but I fancy him overtaking a lot of people during the pitstop phase.

After the pitstops are done, I don't expect to see overtaking from anyone, unless there are some out of the ordinary incidents.

That's cruel.
You wicked wicked man.

:D

Maybe i am, but honestly who else cant see that happening on the first lap, its bound to happen, so ill predict its either gonna be chandok (sp?) and one of the virgins getting together, followed by Alonso right smack into the middle of it. The straight line speed of the Ferrari will put Alonso so close to them, so if it does happen he will have no where to go.

I can't see Alonso making much progress at all tbh. A real shame this didn't happen at a more open track because it would be exciting to see him catch massa again by 1/3rd distance.

To get 8th with how pitstops now are would be some achievement. I reckon he will finish about 12th if he doesn't get in an accident.

Surprised to see Alonso caught out in practice he's normally so consistent and this should have been 25 points for him.

Surprised to see Alonso caught out in practice he's normally so consistent and this should have been 25 points for him.

I think its what we call, "A schoolboy error."

After the accident, he knew exactly what he had done and that it wasn't necessary.

Its a shame because until that point he had topped all the sessions, including session 3, upto the moment he crashed out.

We shall just have to wait and see what happens, because with the new rules, overtaking is extremely difficult and at Monaco, almost impossible.

What is surprising though is that Vettel has been outdone by Webber for the 2nd time in succession. In fact, Kubica qualified in front of him, in a car which isnt nearly as quick as the RedBull.

Back
Top Bottom