Monaco Grand Prix 2010, Monte Carlo - Race 6/19

Funny my noteable Monaco memory is of him being a complete ****** and parking a perfectly good car on the track.

im looking forward to the horner if it didnt rain we would have won comments :D one of the crap teams should come out with "if we had a good car we would have won"

Why, I don't get why you think that. They will move aside as quickly as they normally do with waved flags and once they have passed the chasing car still has to do the same.

The only thing that might keep them close is safety cars. I expect a few.
Because Monaco is narrow and the back markers are not going to just pull over and stop to let the leaders passed, the leaders will catch back markers very often and often in places where its not easy for the back marker to get out of the way or for the leader to pass.

Because Monaco is narrow and the back markers are not going to just pull over and stop to let the leaders passed, the leaders will catch back markers very often and often in places where its not easy for the back marker to get out of the way or for the leader to pass.

i remember when overtaking backmarkers was a skill people had its sad to see them move over before they even get a waved blue flag never mind the third

As Danny said, the car chasing the leading car has to do exactly the same.

Funny my noteable Monaco memory is of him being a complete ****** and parking a perfectly good car on the track.

Had it worked, it would have been very clever. Devious and unsporting, but clever. As it was, he got caught so it was merely stupid :)

I do wonder why people fixate on Schumacher's less-than-sporting (read: dirty) moments much more than they do with other drivers (Senna, anyone?). I still honestly think it's because he's German, but there must be more to it than that.

At £15 a pint in most hotels i would say its pretty expensive :D

Why the hell would you buy pints in Hotels? That's not even cheap here. Try going to bars.

I was there in June last year and found it cheaper than Cannes, Paris and London. I must have been in the ghetto areas lol. Did eat in a restaurant by the marina that would now be overlooking the track.

Don't but Sharwoods curry sauces though, they're over €4 a jar. lol

Edit: I'm sure with your win bonus you can afford £15 lol. Heard it was £12 at Valencia.

Last edited:
Had it worked, it would have been very clever. Devious and unsporting, but clever. As it was, he got caught so it was merely stupid :)

I do wonder why people fixate on Schumacher's less-than-sporting (read: dirty) moments much more than they do with other drivers (Senna, anyone?). I still honestly think it's because he's German, but there must be more to it than that.

I agree with this. Do whatever it takes to win..plus its interesting for the spectators and gives fans something extra to chat about. You do what you think you need to/can get away with. If anything I would think less of someone that didn't do all they could to win but merely aimed to be average.

I can only speak for myself - but while I remember bits of the 92 season I really started watching F1 in 93 and got hooked

I know all about the Senna / Prost go-ings on a few seasons prior to that, but because I wasnt watching it at that time Im far less bothered about it

Ive totally mistrusted MS since Australia 94, which was reinforced in 97 and from then on the FIA have just been a complete joke - going on about safety this and safety that yet drivers get away with blatantly dangerous manouvres like that (and parking on the race track in Monaco)

I know all about the Senna / Prost go-ings on a few seasons prior to that, but because I wasnt watching it at that time Im far less bothered about it

Yeh I don't criticise Senna for that, since unlike Damon being on the receiving end of Schumi's cheating - Prost is French..... Nice work Ayrton :D

I still honestly think it's because he's German, but there must be more to it than that.

Something like that! :p

Nothing like a bit of healthy England vs Germany competition :)

For me it's never been about him being German. I actually gave him more than the benefit of doubt in 94, I wrongly argued the other way. I have never followed drivers on the basis of nationality and didn't like the prost senna deliberate take outs either. I'd have banned them both for a year. Yet we know that would never happen because they were too big draws in F1 and money talks, no one would have the balls. The same with MS.

You can ban someone like Irv for 3 races because no one cares.

Punishment for cheating in F1 has always been very very selective, if it's able to be pushed under the carpet it always will be. A big reason why a lot of the public doesn't ever take the sport seriously.

Might have a bet on an outsider for this race, just in case it rains.

Back
Top Bottom