Monaco Grand Prix 2010, Monte Carlo - Race 6/19

Take note that even the (old) Mercedes short wheel base car, has A LOT of the updates on it, so in its Monaco configuration, it will not be identical to the old car which seemed to suit Rosberg.

I read on eurosport that the teams aren't allowed to bring a specific Monaco set-up with extra down force, they have to use the standard parts. like they have a specific super low down force kit.

anyone confirm this?

big hit for kobayashi.

Last edited:
I read on eurosport that the teams aren't allowed to bring a specific Monaco set-up with extra down force, they have to use the standard parts. like they have a specific super low down force kit.

How can the FIA enforce this? In every GP, teams bring new parts to their cars. When the new parts are fitted to the car, how can the FIA distinguish whether the part is specifically designed for Monaco or if it is a part that will be used for all future races?

If I was a team and wanted to be devious, I would bring a new part to Monaco, fit it and use it. Then bin that part for the rest of the season. If the FIA investigate the reason for binning that specific part, the team can simply say that that part didnt improve the car and for reasons of performance only, it was binned.

It would be impossible enforce.

How can the FIA enforce this? In every GP, teams bring new parts to their cars. When the new parts are fitted to the car, how can the FIA distinguish whether the part is specifically designed for Monaco or if it is a part that will be used for all future races?

If I was a team and wanted to be devious, I would bring a new part to Monaco, fit it and use it. Then bin that part for the rest of the season. If the FIA investigate the reason for binning that specific part, the team can simply say that that part didnt improve the car and for reasons of performance only, it was binned.

It would be impossible enforce.

cant find were i read it so maybe i dreamt it. im sure i read something about it though :/

I'm wondering if they'll red flag the qually.

I can't see Q1 being anything but cluttered. Setting early lap times will be key! :p

I think the new teams should probably be asked nicely to let the others get one in the bag before they go out. Otherwise it'll just be a lottery!

imo new teams should go out and fight for qualifying position like they are supose to and stop beeing walk overs

28671011.jpg

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso fastest in Monaco practice
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso laid down an early marker in Monaco by setting the fastest time during Thursday's first practice session.

Last edited:
Yep I think Buttons lap last year was 1.14 or 1.15 so a bit more time to come yet especially tomorrow in qually with low fuel.

I only watched the first 30 mins of practice 1 but will be able to watch practice 2 in full at 1pm :)

Back
Top Bottom