Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Man of Honour
Hamiltons lap time have been extremely consistent when in clear air. But I'm still just amazed that the ultra soft tyres can do 47 laps. Even if it is Monaco and is equivalent to only 24 laps elsewhere...

Man of Honour
Hamilton is now in striking distance in the championship. I really hope this is the start of some good luck and a comeback. Rosberg doesn't deserve to be where he is in the championship.

Haters gonna hate, but that was a championship winners drive and a genius strategy call by Mercedes.

Caporegime
I think Hamilton's been saving as much tyre performance as possible.

Rosberg is out of contract at the end of the year. He wants another one and being a good boy and doing what he's told by the bosses is a good way to try and ingratiate yourself.

Yeah, because the team told him to let Hamilton through... then go slowly enough to let 3 other cars past him, oh wait. His best chance of a new contract after all the naughty crap he's done is becoming a german world champion which would make him fairly valuable to Mercedes. He could have helped his chances by just holding Hamilton up all race.

Man of Honour
Pirelli will also still use their old Toyota V8 car for some days with modifications to simulate downforce levels of 2017 cars. But won't have the torque characteristics, or the outright power either.

Man of Honour
Good points for McLaren as well. Nice that they are at least scoring this year.

Interviews with ric are going to be great.
Hamilton did everything needed.

Vestrapen and sauber oh dear.

Back
Top Bottom