Monaro VXR - 6 Months on

If GM didn't see it as an american muscle car, why did they merely change the front grill and sell it in the us as the GTO ?

To make money by re badging other cars in their group and selling them on as something they really aren't, but getting on the "reborn classics" bandwagon.

To make money by re badging other cars in their group and selling them on as something they really aren't, but getting on the "reborn classics" bandwagon.

something its not ?

how is a 2 door 400bhp RWD coupe with a corvette engine not a muscle car ? Thats the very essence of what a muscle car is.

is a Stock 5th gen 2004 Mustang GT that much better than the monaro VXR ? I'd argue not.

That's a bit unfair as the Mustang was replaced in 2005 with the S197 and the Monaro VXR didn't come out till 2005.

Like asking what's better the brand new Ford Focus or the current Honda Civic which was released years ago.

thats why i said 5th gen, referring to the then new 2004 mustang, not the one that had just been been made defunct ;) that would be the 4th gen.

Ah right, no idea what gen is which as I only know them as Fox Mustang, S197 etc....

I'd say the S197 was praised for bringing the Mustang back and generally being a very good car.

Nice princey, i just sold my monaro only had it 6mths or so. I do miss it but im saving a load of money lol. I brought my gf a car with part of the money and im now driving her old ka lol yes a ka but instead of putting £60 petrol in i now put £15. I also spent too much time worrying about it ..... With my previous cars too, waiting for it to throw up a big bill. Do miss it tho, awww.

Fuel -£1325 over 3500 miles based on 15mpg and a cost of 125.9ppl
Tyres - £968 for MICHELIN PS2's
Servicing - £700 including every single fluid changed, diff, gearbox, brake ect..
Insurance- £970
MOT- £50
Road Fund Licence £460
Bumper Repair - £600
Exhaust - £1200
Misc Repairs - £500, Gearbox output shaft seal and an Aux Belt

Am I the only one who doesn't think that is too bad?

The tyres will last him 2 years, the service is a one off £700, then £170 p/a.

The bumper and exhaust were one off costs.

Breaking it into two years and the costs will pretty much half?

I'm still researching which route to take regarding power. An LSX454 with injectors puts out around 580bhp and after selling the LS2 is about £4000 to swap.

Thats a crate engine, the throttle response, noise and performance will be truly epic, far better than supercharging.

If its £4000 to swap installed then that is good!

HOWEVER you think your MPG is bad now, with a crate engine it could literally half again so be wary of that whilst adding a supercharger your MPG will be about 3-4MPG lower than it is now and when cruising it shall be un-changed. :)

Back
Top Bottom