Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Have you got it yet chap? I can see from the tracking it's been signed for but just wanted to check it was in your safe hands!

I sent you an e-mail too, did you get it??

Hiya mate I got it Friday :D

Not really been on computer much this weekend sorry.

Going to do it all tomorrow night hopefully and get it sent on :)

Associate
Can I be added to the list please? Live in Seaford but could meet up to collect or pass it on to someone in Brighton or Eastbourne.

Or if anyone knows anywhere that hires out monitor calibrators let me know, have found one but they were charging £40 a time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I downloaded the latest software from your link in OP, installed fine as well on Win7 64bit RC version, didn't complain about wrong OS so should be fine as well

Well it definately works on Win7, think me and razor-blade have proved that. I also recommend using the colour pro software over the standard one, gave me a better result.

Looks to be OK on 64bit

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Ok so I decided to skip the Spyder software and use the ColorEyes Demo as people seemed to have got a better result.

Looking at MRK's links before I could see all Black and only not see 3 White. Now after calibrating I can't see the first 9 Black and only 8 White!

Something can't be right here :confused:

Downloading the spyder software now

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Ok so I decided to skip the Spyder software and use the ColorEyes Demo as people seemed to have got a better result.

Looking at MRK's links before I could see all Black and only not see 3 White. Now after calibrating I can't see the first 9 Black and only 8 White!

Something can't be right here :confused:

Downloading the spyder software now

Ok so after using the Spyder2 software I can see more of the squares but it's still less than I could see before!

I really need to upgrade my monitor to an IPS panel

Associate
Just calibrated my desktop monitor and also my macbook monitor and have to say that I'm quite impressed with the results. The before and after examples at the end of the calibration process showed clear differences with skin tones being more natural. My macbook screen was way too bright, the black and white squares from MRK's link are all visible now.

Thanks again wonder lander!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom