Monster Hunter World PC (The official?)

Soldato
Finally managed to fix my problem and got the game to run on my PC.

I have got passed the initial tutorial and got to the first town where you get to choose and try various weapon bit. I was pleasantly surprise with how well my i5 2500K (currently at 4.5GHz only) and Vega 64 is coping; I got a solid 75fps on max setting (but with AA disable as I do need it and it make the imagine look blurry) from the start all the way to where said I am at on 1440 res.

Haven't got the time to play further yet but I do intend to do so. Have had a quick go at testing some of weapon, and it would seem that using the weapons actually require some properly understanding on their characteristic rather than just button mashing mindlessly.

You say the AA makes it blurry, Does this game only have fx aa then?

Are you guys happy with this game? What's the coop missions like?

Im thinking about buying it but none of my friends have it so unsure if it will be fun on my own.

Associate
OP
Regarding disconnect issues, something I caught on a forum somewhere but haven't tested myself. This apparently is a temporary fix for network issues:

'The fix I found online was to open these ports: TCP: 27015-27030 / 27036-27037 UDP: 4380 / 27000-27031 / 27036 as soon as I did this I haven't had a single disconnect. It might be worth a try for some of you running into issues.'

Soldato
You say the AA makes it blurry, Does this game only have fx aa then?

Are you guys happy with this game? What's the coop missions like?

Im thinking about buying it but none of my friends have it so unsure if it will be fun on my own.

naa it also has TAA, it looks very nice.
its a fun game once you get into it, played about 12 hours so far.
i dont think id find it very fun in sp though, its fun with friends but to do the missions with your friends is the worse system ever.
to do a mission together you must all of have watched the cut scene individually.
say you and your buds have just completed a mission together then the next mission you do you must all it launch individually go so far into the mission and just when the monster fight starts you can all quit out and start it again as a group. if it sounds retarded then that means i described it well.

Soldato
naa it also has TAA, it looks very nice.
its a fun game once you get into it, played about 12 hours so far.
i dont think id find it very fun in sp though, its fun with friends but to do the missions with your friends is the worse system ever.
to do a mission together you must all of have watched the cut scene individually.
say you and your buds have just completed a mission together then the next mission you do you must all it launch individually go so far into the mission and just when the monster fight starts you can all quit out and start it again as a group. if it sounds retarded then that means i described it well.

Thanks I just bought it going to give it a go, If it was fxaa I wouldn't of bought it.

I will blast single player level up then look for some friends to play with.

Soldato
So far played for 3-4 hours tonight and game seems really good and looks great. As someone else said it's really easy to pick up, it talks you through everything and maps are simple to use etc.

Ran very smooth for me max settings 1080p.

I haven't tried online yet but I was getting network error messages though.

Associate
Nearly 30 hours in now - this is the most I've put into a new game in a single week in quite a long time - absolutely loving it. If anyone wants to team up for a bit of stress free hunting (this is my first MH game, so don't worry about being "gud"), drop a message here or message me on Steam (same username).

Soldato
Nearly 30 hours in now - this is the most I've put into a new game in a single week in quite a long time - absolutely loving it. If anyone wants to team up for a bit of stress free hunting (this is my first MH game, so don't worry about being "gud"), drop a message here or message me on Steam (same username).

Hey I just added ya my name is Ginnnny

Im only level 4 so probably can't do much with you yet.

Soldato
Guys I couldn't understand why people were complaining about the controls in this game and the image being blurry. For me the image is crisp and clear the whole time and controls feel great on my wolverine controller, very responsive and accurate.

Well last night I grabbed the mouse quick to see what it was like and oh my god it is terrible on a mouse there is ton of input lag the mouse is just randomly stopping where ever and the whole image is blurry.

For me I didn't have any issues with this game it looks amazing and plays great solid 60 max settings with great controls.

But If you are keyboard mouse player or have low powered system you might want to avoid.

Is this OK to play as a loner? As sad as that sounds I just prefer playing single.

It's best to play this alone the main story isn't really coop you have to have played the missions before you can play them with friends.

I play solo but when I get to a boss just send up an SOS flare from start menu and then a random person will join my game and help me kill the boss. It's actually a really unique system I quite like it.

Not great system if you are looking looking for coop with your friends though.

Soldato
Runs great here too at a solid 60fs at 1440p. Great with a controller. Just can’t find a weapon that I feel comfortable with yet.

I started with great sword but it was bit slow getting about so I went for a try in the firing range and tried out a load of them.

I found big hammer suited me the best it has the big hits of the great sword but more agile and you can run with it.

Man of Honour
I tried out the axe that transforms into a sword and also the sword and shield that can transform into an axe. Oh my goodness they are difficult to use effectively.

Soldato
Yeah this is my first monster hunter game and im surprised how complex using the weapons is. I thought it would be just mash mash mash but you got to press the right buttons.

I like it.

Soldato
Slap a reshade on the game, remove DoF and add a bit of extra colour and it looks tons better.

Shame the port is so mediocre but they knew people would buy it regardless of the bugs and shoddiness.

Man of Honour
Yeah this is my first monster hunter game and im surprised how complex using the weapons is. I thought it would be just mash mash mash but you got to press the right buttons.

I like it.

I have ended up with one of the chain guns (basically a minigun) for the time being. Shooting monsters in the face seems to work well.

Slap a reshade on the game, remove DoF and add a bit of extra colour and it looks tons better.

Yup. Some higher res textures too. It is a shame, it has the potential to look stunning.

Soldato
The textures are a weird one some of them look amazing like the bone hammer Im using and some look very low res like the mountains on the second map and some of the faces look very plain.

People are saying it's a bug in the game with the textures not loading.

Either way a 50gb texture pack would be great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom