Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Soldato
What Hunter rank is everyone else at ? I'm only at 8, just beaten a radobaan it was a little tricky as when it moved into the more confined spaces it would just roll around and do a lot of damage ! Took me ages to take him down too , I'm guessing when it borrows and regains it's armour he regains health Too?

Love this game just wish I had more time to sink into it , looking forward to getting to high rank whenever that might be

Soldato
What Hunter rank is everyone else at ? I'm only at 8, just beaten a radobaan it was a little tricky as when it moved into the more confined spaces it would just roll around and do a lot of damage ! Took me ages to take him down too , I'm guessing when it borrows and regains it's armour he regains health Too?

Love this game just wish I had more time to sink into it , looking forward to getting to high rank whenever that might be

think im about hr 45 so i should have tempered kirin to look forward to very soon, oh noticed early hours of yesterday that the second horizon zero dawn quest was up for aloys armour, think its proving grounds in events, it is a high rank anjanoth you have to beat up, not even played that game yet its sitting there in my back log lol

mostly play solo but i have dabbled in multiplayer with sos's and help out random low rank guys a fair bit.

any one else like the odogaron armour? farmed the hell out of him and was rocking his low rank armour for a bit into high rank then i got his high rank armour and 1 or 2 pieces off pukie and killed all the elder dragons with it using the poison long sword think it was rathalos tree and odogaron still has not given me a gem.... but nergigante gave me 2 gems the first ever time i killed him wtf lol

trying out the full nergigante set at moment with maxed out long sword, trying to work out what i should be using :)

i took great pleasure in poisoning a pukie pukie with the rath sword and max poison attack while been immune to his poison, that will teach him had one or 2 peices of his armour and the rest was odogaron :D

Last edited:
Associate

I'm Hunter Rank 29 at the moment, when you fight the last monster in the main story (Xeno'jiiva) you'll get a boost of about 10-15 ranks.
I don't think it regains any health when it burrows, just gains an armour buff. The monsters should only begin to regain health when they return to their nest to sleep.

I believe you've got about 4 more assignments until you're on the high rank quests (A Colossal Task will be the first one), then 7 more from then until you'll fight the 'final boss' and get the credits sequence. After the credits you'll get the hunter rank boost and the game is pretty much open-ended from then with the hunt for tempered monsters.

think im about hr 45 so i should have tempered kirin to look forward to very soon, oh noticed early hours of yesterday that the second horizon zero dawn quest was up for aloys armour, think its proving grounds in events, it is a high rank anjanoth you have to beat up, not even played that game yet its sitting there in my back log lol

mostly play solo but i have dabbled in multiplayer with sos's and help out random low rank guys a fair bit.

any one else like the odogaron armour? farmed the hell out of him and was rocking his low rank armour for a bit into high rank then i got his high rank armour and 1 or 2 pieces off pukie and killed all the elder dragons with it using the poison long sword think it was rathalos tree and odogaron still has not given me a gem.... but nergigante gave me 2 gems the first ever time i killed him wtf lol

trying out the full nergigante set at moment with maxed out long sword, trying to work out what i should be using :)

i took great pleasure in poisoning a pukie pukie with the rath sword and max poison attack while been immune to his poison, that will teach him had one or 2 peices of his armour and the rest was odogaron :D
Depending on how much HR Anjanath parts you've stock piled, you may have to repeat the event quest a few times as it needs quite a few Anja pelts.

I like most of the Odogaron armour, hate the helmet/mask though.

At the moment I have a fairly mismatch set on:
Eyepatch
Odogaron Chest
Negigante Vambrace
Negigante Coil
Death Stench Heels

Associate
The high rank monsters will give you new monster parts which you'll use to make two variants of high rank armour, Alpha or Beta.
Alpha sets usually have two skill bonus on them whereas the Beta parts have just the first skill but have a slot to attach a decoration/jewel so that you can have more customised bonuses.

Associate
Just got to HR50 last night, Kirin fight is quite a challenge. I think it's easier as solo or duo. Randoms cart so quickly on the tempered fight.

@suenstar just ping me if you see me on dude, happy to help with Bazels/Kirins etc

I did all the optional LR capture quests to get the LR Kirin quest, which unlocks the thunder proof mantle. Then did the HR Kirin for practice, then the Tempered. I would recommend stacking around 20 thunder resist. I kept all my gear the same, and just crafted the Tobi Beta legs and slotted 2 thunder res decos. Alternated between Vitality and Thunder mantle, with Palico playing drums for buffs.

I think the fight would be quite tricky for a melee weapon. For a bow user (Anja III bow for Kirin) its a bit easier as you have some range to play with.

Until I get better bow based decos (I was very lucky to get Bow Charge Plus though) this is my current build:

Various Elemental Bows
Rath Soul Beta - Decos: 2x Elemental Attack Up
Rathalos Mail Beta - Decos: 1x either health or fire resist etc
Kaiser Beta - Decos: 1 x Mighty Bow
Nergigante Alpha
Dober Alpha
Fitness Charm III

Attack Boost x4 (15 Raw, 5% affinity)
Weakness Exploit x3 (50% affinity)
Constitution x3 (Stamina use reduction)
Stamina Surge x2 (Stamina recovery)
Elemental Attack Up x2
Critical Boost x1 (Increases damage dealt by critical hits by 30%)
Critical Element - 2 piece Rath set bonus (Elemental Damage crit)
Bow Charge Plus (Increase Max Bow Charge level by one)

Associate
Oh, I didn't realise there's a bow to craft from the event quest as well.
I'll have to look at that tonight.
Yep, I ran the event about 4-5 times to get all the materials for the full set including the bow. On a side note I got a lot of Angenath gems out of that particular event :D

I now have to do the arena.. with set weapons!! i want to use my stuff dammit!! :mad:

Associate
Got the bow sorted last night.
...Apparently I've been on an Anjanath killing spree at some point as I had all but 1 fang to add to the Nora tokens to craft and upgrade the bow.

Next on my list is a couple more Negigante horns to craft the Extermination's Edge longsword, then I think I need to farm Vaal Hazak for a few more parts for the Hazak sword.
After that I think I might start focusing on getting all of the high rank armour instead of any more weapons for a bit.

Associate
So I hate Diablos more and more lol, he seems to have the most ridiculous hit boxes. I struggle more with him than I do with Kirin :rolleyes: I swear I evade the attack and then still get hit a second later. No one else seems to bring Screamer pods to stop his burrowing either. But the most infuriating thing is when I'm trying to kill Black Diablos and a normal Diablos just won't leave, just becomes a complete cluster****

Associate
After a short break, finally got around to completing that double tempered Bazel quest. Up to rank 46 now.
Got a few more of my swords to their final forms as well, so starting to plan other weapons to build.
HR75 and getting burned out on trying to get gold crowns.
Definitely not looking forward to that.
How many hours have you logged so far?

Associate
After a short break, finally got around to completing that double tempered Bazel quest. Up to rank 46 now.
Got a few more of my swords to their final forms as well, so starting to plan other weapons to build.
Definitely not looking forward to that.
Nice one dude, Kirin up next! Again happy to help with that if you need. How are your decos? That’s the biggest grind for me at the moment

Back
Top Bottom