Morba's log - A mans love of coffee and cake mmm

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, it might not be the best way to do it, but for both comps so far I have not felt either too full that i'm bloated or too hungry that it has affected my lifts.

There are some 121kg category comps being planned soon, so my diet might take a hit so that I can consider entering one, but until then I'll happily sit somewhere under 130kg :)

Caporegime
OP
Looks awesome Morba! And happy birthday!

I will never do a strongman comp, but definitely hope to try an Olympic lifting competition some day...

The explosive power generated by oly lifters is amazing.
I need to find someone who can teach me a decent jerk technique, both side and front/rear split as that will help me lots with all over head work.

Man of Honour
The explosive power generated by oly lifters is amazing.
I need to find someone who can teach me a decent jerk technique, both side and front/rear split as that will help me lots with all over head work.

Tell me about it. :(

However, I'm actually lucky enough to have a decent coach for these things... but nowhere to actually do the lifts. My office gym has a floating floor, and is right next to the project management team's office, so can't drop the barbell...

Either way, watching the vids gives some great colour to the events in the posts - really cool to watch you going throuhg the various activities, as such!

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, as someone else said its one thing to read it but to see it as well really helps :D

I think the tyre flip is being uploaded tonight, so will get that posted up. Can see me trying to shake calf strain off lol

GAC

GAC

Soldato
nice one morba and happy cake day.

really wish my local gym would do some of this stuff but the guy in charge says theres just not the interest in it which is true.

Soldato
Happy Birthday Morba. Respect to you for having the confidence to enter those events, back in the day I wished I done something a long those lines but lacked the confidence. I think I would have done ok especially the pulling type events I think I would have excelled there.

Caporegime
OP
Nope, heard a few people enjoy going there though so could be a good idea to pop down really.

We've got some bumper plates in our lockup so should just get used to throwing them around. Thats the problem with Virgin (and other chain gyms), you dont want to try and jerk a decent weight because dropping the bar would make a stupid amount of noise and probably break the plates lol

Caporegime
OP
light session in the gym tonight, just to get body moving again after the weekend.

60kg muscle snatches 4x5
70kg 3x2

strict press (cleaned from floor)
80x3x5

push press from rack
80x4
90x2x3
95x2
100x3

seated smith shoulder press, dropping to nose only
80x5
100x4x5

face pulls
3x8 at where ever i stuck the pin in the rack!

Caporegime
OP
oh, I made the local paper (local to the gym that comp was held):

deadbm.jpg

getting my grunt on!

Caporegime
OP
It's good from the floor, more stable footing than using trainers and any trainers I have are basketball style, so have about an inch of padded sole lol.
socks / barefeet means 1" less to pull the bar :D

thedeadlift.com says this:

Shoes

Footwear is important. Shoes with soft soles and heels like those with air or gel filling them will make you more unstable. Running shoes and basketball shoes are terrible to deadlift (or squat) with. You want shoes that have flat, rock solid soles like Chuck Taylors. Or in attempt to be as manly, you can deadlift barefoot like Arnold
Arnold_Schwarzenegger_powerlifting_deadlift.jpg

I'm not arnie, so I wore socks lol

Caporegime
OP
Small update, some log and circus DB last night

warmups strict with standard 70kg log

70kg 4x5
80x3
90x5
100x2
105x1 - equal pb but so much easier
120xassisted. Clean was easy, assitance in press then a 5 secs hold at top of rep with slow return to chest.
110x1(not claiming pb though). Clean was easy, very small assitance in the press, think I would have pressed it out myself tbh but not going to argue as not claiming it fully.
110xf - by this point the conversation in the gym had gone very rude and I was distracted on the clean and dropped it.
100x2

circus db strict press - the handle is like coke can thickness
35kgx3x5 right
35kgx5 and then a set of 3, shoulder was dying by now
45kgx3 right
45kgx1 left.

shoulders = dead. Not bad considering i've done bugger all for a few weeks (other than the comp).

Caporegime
OP
Next comp is currently tagged as an inters comp, but looking to enter to give the people a hard as its out in the open in middle of november in cornwall. So tbh expecting not many people to enter.
1 event is log for reps, 100kg log and a 120kg log. 1 point for each rep of 100, 3 points for 120.
So, I want to get at least 1 120kg rep, then pump out 4 or 5 reps of 100.

Back
Top Bottom