• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MORE 8 PACK PRE-BINNED CPU's AVAILABLE UPTO 5.2GHz!! **

Associate
For the upteen time, we do not buy retail chips selectively and we do not test retail chips. Our stocks of retail processor is purchased from authorised UK distributors just the same as our competitors and when those CPU's arrive they go on the shelf in our warehouse, they are not sectioned off, they are a free for all. We use OEM CPU's for our binning and then when we do buy in batches we buy thousands, so the stock on the shelf un-tested is the same batch and silicon lottery remains.

Retail chips are not tested for the simple reasons they are sealed product from Intel and as I am the owner of CPU stocks, I do not allow them to be open or tested, only OEM stock is allowed to be removed for testing, binning, system integration and then anything removed does not go back into the stock, so the weakest CPU's will be graded as such or used in systems which do not feature overclocks.

As such anyone buying retail and even OEM gets a true silicon lottery CPU, if you read the reports on these forums of people buying CPU's from us that were not pre-tested you can see some are hit around 4.8 and others are hitting 5+ and some as high as around 5.3 area.

As such we would appreciate you stop spreading false information about us please.

As a recent owner of one of your binned chips, I was curious to how you went about testing them all. I just assumed you opened up retail packs. Thanks Gibbo, for explaining in more detail how the process works :)

Associate
For the upteen time, we do not buy retail chips selectively and we do not test retail chips. Our stocks of retail processor is purchased from authorised UK distributors just the same as our competitors and when those CPU's arrive they go on the shelf in our warehouse, they are not sectioned off, they are a free for all. We use OEM CPU's for our binning and then when we do buy in batches we buy thousands, so the stock on the shelf un-tested is the same batch and silicon lottery remains.

Retail chips are not tested for the simple reasons they are sealed product from Intel and as I am the owner of CPU stocks, I do not allow them to be open or tested, only OEM stock is allowed to be removed for testing, binning, system integration and then anything removed does not go back into the stock, so the weakest CPU's will be graded as such or used in systems which do not feature overclocks.

As such anyone buying retail and even OEM gets a true silicon lottery CPU, if you read the reports on these forums of people buying CPU's from us that were not pre-tested you can see some are hit around 4.8 and others are hitting 5+ and some as high as around 5.3 area.

As such we would appreciate you stop spreading false information about us please.
Sorry Gibbo, didn't know you use OEM chips. You got my trust back.
And in no way I was spreading false information. First time I mentioned this, ever.

OcUK Staff
7700K for gamers is still the number one by far especially at 5ghz+ with high mems. Most of our 5ghz chips hitting 5.1 without issue.

The lowest bin we are now offering is 4.9ghz up from 4.8ghz on 7700K with delid and full warranty. Most of these will hit 5ghz and Gibbo dropped the price to only £20 above retail so wade in!!!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Kaby has no issue I think 3200mhz is the sweet spot for this I mean Kaby can run 3733-4K no issue but these dimms tend to cost a fair bit for 16gb.

I personally like Team Group Xtreme 16gb 3733mhz kit or at a better price 3866mhz 8gb Kit.....

Caporegime
Good job including the boards the speeds were achieved with. I had visions of people complaining that they couldn't get advertised speeds with their £100 motherboards.

Nice to see OcUK going back to roots with binned stuff. Prices are eyewatering for the top end stuff, but if you are an overclocking fanatic and have the means, why not I guess!

Back
Top Bottom