More proof of aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
There's plenty out there on the internet from fairly trustworthy sources, including the article above, which backs up everything I stated and you quoted. The terms 'rapid drop', 'hypersonic speed', and 'impossible manoevrability' were those used by the pilots and radar operators who observed the event. All of whom would be very familiar with what current technology was capable of.

For info, you didn't see a Typoon stop above you at an airshow, you saw it appear to do so, simply because a Typoon is not capable of such a manoeuvre. It was an optical illusion caused by the aspect you were viewing the aircraft and the way it was being flown, designed to wow crowds at airshows.

And just to quote the article above and the F18 pilot who was involved, when asked about it by a colleague.

'"I have no idea what I saw,” Commander Fravor replied to the pilot. “It had no plumes, wings or rotors and outran our F-18s. But, he added, “I want to fly one.”'

I have no idea what he saw either but if what he says is true then it could represent a technology far in advance of ours.

The only take away from it is they have no idea what they saw, it does not automatically translate to "I know what that is 100%, Aliens!"

If you don't know what something is, that's fine. What isn't logical is to draw conclusions from an unknown to something 100% concrete.

That isn't science.

Associate
The only take away from it is they have no idea what they saw, it does not automatically translate to "I know what that is 100%, Aliens!"

If you don't know what something is, that's fine. What isn't logical is to draw conclusions from an unknown to something 100% concrete.

That isn't science.

When you see something you don't understand you try to develop a theory to explain it. Which is science.

I'm not saying its 100% Aliens, however one explanation (or theory) which fits the bill is technology far in advance of ours. And a technology far in advance of ours leads where?

Also, I'm entirely open to other more mundance explanations. I have no particularly strong feelings about it either way - apart from finding the whole thing interesting.

As I said previously in this thread, I would love to hear somebody debunk the whole thing.

Caporegime
When you see something you don't understand you try to develop a theory to explain it. Which is science.

No that isn't science and you're misusing the term "theory".

You're just talking about some wild guess/hunch that you and perhaps others would like to be true.

It is more like religion than science - make up a fantasy story to explain the unknown and just use that as a handwaving explanation that can't be falsified.... in the case of religion it is a god or gods/magical beings we don't understand in the case of these apparent aliens it is again "advanced technology" we don't yet understand.

Caporegime

I'm not saying its 100% Aliens, however one explanation (or theory) which fits the bill is technology far in advance of ours. And a technology far in advance of ours leads where?

Also, I'm entirely open to other more mundance explanations. I have no particularly strong feelings about it either way - apart from finding the whole thing interesting.

As I said previously in this thread, I would love to hear somebody debunk the whole thing.

It might be aliens but there is also a 0.0000000001% chance that it was my birthday balloon too.

That's my theory and that is science.

Caporegime

It could easily be a ghost too.

Associate
There's plenty out there on the internet from fairly trustworthy sources, including the article above, which backs up everything I stated and you quoted. The terms 'rapid drop', 'hypersonic speed', and 'impossible manoevrability' were those used by the pilots and radar operators who observed the event. All of whom would be very familiar with what current technology was capable of.

For info, you didn't see a Typoon stop above you at an airshow, you saw it appear to do so, simply because a Typoon is not capable of such a manoeuvre. It was an optical illusion caused by the aspect you were viewing the aircraft and the way it was being flown, designed to wow crowds at airshows.

And just to quote the article above and the F18 pilot who was involved, when asked about it by a colleague.

'"I have no idea what I saw,” Commander Fravor replied to the pilot. “It had no plumes, wings or rotors and outran our F-18s. But, he added, “I want to fly one.”'

I have no idea what he saw either but if what he says is true then it could represent a technology far in advance of ours.
Internet cookie for you sir! Yes, the Typhoon was slowly travelling above me across my field of vision from left to right nose pointing upwards, but also beginning to level out, move away from me and manoeuvre back to the left. It did appear to stop in mid-air from my perspective, but isn't that the whole point of eyewitness testimonies in situations like this? A lack of context, incorrect terminology, failure to disclose relevant details, etc, all make a mundane event much more mysterious. It stopped in mid-air for me (and only for a fraction of a second), but as you've shown there is a perfectly rational explanation that doesn't involve alien technology.

Let's look at this bit from the report:
The two fighter jets then conferred with the operations officer on the Princeton and were told to head to a rendezvous point 60 miles away, called the cap point, in aviation parlance.

They were en route and closing in when the Princeton radioed again. Radar had again picked up the strange aircraft.

“Sir, you won’t believe it,” the radio operator said, “but that thing is at your cap point.”

“We were at least 40 miles away, and in less than a minute this thing was already at our cap point,” Commander Fravor, who has since retired from the Navy, said in the interview.

Even a cursory glance at wiki reveals some interesting points:
Subsequently, the two fighter jets began a new course to the combat air patrol (CAP) rendezvous point. "Within seconds" Princeton radioed the jets that the radar target had reappeared 60 miles (97 km) away at this predetermined rendezvous point. According to Popular Mechanics, a physical object would have had to move greater than 2,400 miles per hour (3,900 km/h) to cover that distance in the reported time.
2,400 mph is well within the realms of current technology.
The X-15 hit 4,500 mph and the SR-71 around 2,300 mph, both of these were made on the back of 1960s technology. Just because you, or these pilots, can't imagine technology that can explain the objects movements, doesn't mean such technology hasn't already been developed and tested - maybe the cost of running these craft was so prohibitively expensive or dangerous that they've been put on hold until future innovations make them more feasible? No one here is privy to the top secret goings-on inside NASA, JPL, DARPA or a whole host of other organisations that operate well above our security clearance level, yet somehow "no current aviation technology" is cited as a plausible reason for believing "alien tech" exists.

Science journalist Dennis Overbye argued a "stubborn residue" of unexplained aerial phenomena remain after review. Overbye highlighted that some of these accounts are obtained from respected observers such as military pilots. However, he cautioned, "as modern psychology and neuroscience have established, the senses are an unreliable portal to reality, whatever that is."
Luckily, we don't have to rely on personal testimony, we can use the evidence from the infra-red sensors....oh....

According to Steve Cummings of Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems, the video images captured by a Raytheon-made Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared (ATFLIR) sensor are not definitive proof that the jet pilots were chasing an actual UFO. Cummings noted, "To really be sure, we would need the raw data. Visual displays alone are not the best evidence".
And the raw data tells us....oh, seems it wasn't worthy of any further analysis.

...and that "one video image showing an object suddenly zooming off screen was likely caused by the plane’s banking while the camera was stopped at the end of its sweep".
This is the sort of mistake a pilot might make if it were his first military assignment in an F-18, but luckily he-....oh, hang on....

Nickell further explains that this was Fravor's first military assignment with the U.S. Navy’s F-18 Super Hornet, and as a result, the experience "obviously rattled him."

Associate
Why is it that you believe your hunch about aliens is a "theory" and "science"?

For a start - how does it serve as a well substantiated explanation of facts? How is it falsifiable?

Subtantiated by expert witness, radar data and visual recordings? And perhaps we could try to match to discriptions given by the pilots against a database of all known aircraft. But if it makes you happy I'll use the word hypothesis instead.

Actually, nah, I'm going to go with Sherlock Holmes on this one - "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

And once again, this thread is about an encounters the U.S navy appeared to have with a number of unknown craft. I would love to hear any and all explanations about what might have happened.

I take you have no other explanation other that I dunno.

It could easily be a ghost too.

Just as likely as aliens I suppose.

Associate
Neither do you, but you seem to insist that others come up with an explanation and failing to do so means it could be aliens.. to you.

I think there is a bit of a reading comprehension fail here - quite clearly I have come up with an explanation, you just don't like it - which is fine.

Caporegime
Subtantiated by expert witness, radar data and visual recordings? And perhaps we could try to match to discriptions given by the pilots against a database of all known aircraft. But if it makes you happy I'll use the word hypothesis instead.

Well no, something being unknown isn't evidence for your belief. Lots of UFO footage, photos have been debunked over the years all you've got are some sightings that apparently aren't yet explained, that isn't evidence for aliens it is simply something that isn't explained. Again this approach is the one taken by dumb religious people see: "god of the gaps"

Actually, nah, I'm going to go with Sherlock Holmes on this one - "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

You haven't eliminated the impossible or narrowed anything down to a single explanation though.

And once again, this thread is about an encounters the U.S navy appeared to have with a number of unknown craft. I would love to hear any and all explanations about what might have happened.

I take you have no other explanation other that I dunno.

It might be interesting, it might be nothing however making up a story/inserting something you want to believe isn't an explanation.

You said above: "But if it makes you happy I'll use the word hypothesis instead." I think "fantasy" is the more appropriate word to use here.

Caporegime
I think there is a bit of a reading comprehension fail here - quite clearly I have come up with an explanation, you just don't like it - which is fine.

You haven't though, you've not explained anything, you've just used "aliens" as a handwaving argument in the absence of an explanation, it is something you've literally made up, the insertion of some ambiguous, seemingly advanced/magical beings with no explanation.

Presumably if we were to ask where they came from or how they got here undetected there will be another handwaving argument along the lines of "magic"/advanced alien technology we can't detect etc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom