More proof of aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The glaring problem in your description of this event is the assumption that the object was a craft of some description......

This is the nub of it. IF they saw an actual craft or not. I cannot prove they did either way. However I do think they are credible witnesses and if they did it was something very unusual.

To put it another way, this is the most credible example of a possible sighting of alien technology that I can think of. That does'nt mean it is, but I'm prepared to entertain the possibility that it is.

Caporegime
This is the nub of it. IF they saw an actual craft or not. I cannot prove they did either way. However I do think they are credible witnesses and if they did it was something very unusual.

If only if you stopped right there. “Something unusual.”

but nope, the very next sentence you went straight to aliens.

To put it another way, this is the most credible example of a possible sighting of alien technology that I can think of. That does'nt mean it is, but I'm prepared to entertain the possibility that it is.

Associate
If only if you stopped right there. “Something unusual.”

but nope, the very next sentence you went straight to aliens.

Actually, I went there via the words 'IF', 'possible' and 'possibility', but yes, I got there in the end.

Are you so dismissive of the scientists who hypothesised that the large rock (not going to try and spell the name) seen entering the solar system not so long was a solar sail of alien origin?

Caporegime
Actually, I went there via the words 'IF', 'possible' and 'possibility', but yes, I got there in the end.

Are you so dismissive of the scientists who hypothesised that the large rock (not going to try and spell the name) seen entering the solar system not so long was a solar sail of alien origin?

actually, you did go straight to aliens. You never talk about it could be ghosts or anything else but just aliens. Like this post...more aliens.

you can claim you are open minded all you like but your actions don’t support the facts.

Associate
Aliens, ghosts or alien ghosts. Any are plausible.
Or instrument malfunction, inaccurate observation, or a bunch of people making something up to add fuel to the "alien" fire (a conspiracy, perhaps?).

We have no proof of aliens, ghosts or even alien ghosts, but we do have plenty of proof where instruments fail, people make inaccurate observations, and groups that collude to make stuff up.

Caporegime
Then I would make the point that people a lot more qualified did in fact consider that conclusion. But you would dismiss them as wrong.

What’s your point here? That disputing an article? Which we have no link? On something that is a “possibility” and treated as a fact?

how do you get from 1 + 1 = 23?

it’s all a guess, but when you see the word alien, the little light bulb in your head clearly lights up. You are sceptical that it couldn’t be tech we have in secret but weirdly not as sceptical but it being from an alien species. There is a clear bias here, you want it to be aliens.

Associate
but we do have plenty of proof where instruments fail, people make inaccurate observations, and groups that collude to make stuff up.

Multiple independant instrument failures, all in the same manner?
I would classify a US naval pilot as an expert observer and witness. (Especially when independantly verified)
US navy colluding to make this up?

All are possible but seem to me unlikely. They may not seem unlikely to you.

Caporegime
Multiple independant instrument failures, all in the same manner?
I would classify a US naval pilot as an expert observer and witness. (Especially when independantly verified)
US navy colluding to make this up?

All are possible but seem to me unlikely. They may not seem unlikely to you.

more likely than aliens.

the military would prefer people to believe there are aliens than to say “yup, you caught us testing new secret tech”.

Associate
What’s your point here? That disputing an article? Which we have no link? On something that is a “possibility” and treated as a fact?

My point is you would be wrong. The rest of the sentence makes no sense but i'll try. The discovery of this solar object was widely reported by all the major newspapers both in print and online. I'm sure you can google. And who said that this was a solar sail, was a fact? You are misreading, either delibrately or otherwise.

how do you get from 1 + 1 = 23?

I haven't, but you appear to think so.

it’s all a guess, but when you see the word alien, the little light bulb in your head clearly lights up. You are sceptical that it couldn’t be tech we have in secret but weirdly not as sceptical but it being from an alien species. There is a clear bias here, you want it to be aliens.

I don't think you're reading my posts properly. I'm open to the possibility it could be alien tech. I'm open to the possiblity it could be secret military testing. Or mass hysteria. It is possible to consider all three as explanations, if you don't understand that, I can't help you.

The fact I'm making the argument for one side does'nt mean I can't find arguments for the other side credible. You seem unable to comprehend this.

Associate
I’m don’t see why aliens with such technology would be interested in us in the slightest. Military testing on the other hand, that seems much more likely.

They might find us fascinating. Who is to say otherwise. And yes, secret military testing is a possibilty, but if in order to explain the manoevres witnessed in this event require technology wildly more advanced than what is generally known about, then less so.

Caporegime
My point is you would be wrong. The rest of the sentence makes no sense but i'll try. The discovery of this solar object was widely reported by all the major newspapers both in print and online. I'm sure you can google. And who said that this was a solar sail, was a fact? You are misreading, either delibrately or otherwise.

I haven't, but you appear to think so.

I don't think you're reading my posts properly. I'm open to the possibility it could be alien tech. I'm open to the possiblity it could be secret military testing. Or mass hysteria. It is possible to consider all three as explanations, if you don't understand that, I can't help you.

The fact I'm making the argument for one side does'nt mean I can't find arguments for the other side credible. You seem unable to comprehend this.

If you are as open minded as you claimed, you wouldn’t jumped to aliens first as you did earlier. Why didn’t you say ghosts or anything else or stopped at “something unusual”

That’s what I do. Stop right there.

you don’t.

Associate
If you are as open minded as you claimed, you wouldn’t jumped to aliens first as you did earlier. Why didn’t you say ghosts or anything else or stopped at “something unusual”

That’s what I do. Stop right there.

you don’t.

Generally I find when I'm making an argument for one side or another its best to focus on the side of the argument you are making, I suspect most people do the same - it does'nt mean you are dismissing out of hand the other side. Anyway I'm done here. Have a great evening.

Caporegime
Generally I find when I'm making an argument for one side or another its best to focus on the side of the argument you are making, I suspect most people do the same - it does'nt mean you are dismissing out of hand the other side. Anyway I'm done here. Have a great evening.

But your argument is that you are open minded?

Yet you are leaning towards aliens.

Do you now see a massive contradiction?

Associate
Armstrong ... As far as I'm aware he believed there may have been gold tablets in the caves and that the caves may have been the remnants of an ancient civilisation.

No he didn't. He was not aware of Daniken's claims when he went.
As I already posted:

''Armstrong, as Honorary President of the expedition, flew to Quito in August on a British Royal Air Force cargo plane along with Hall and the Black Watch and the Royal Highland Fusiliers regiment to explore the caves, though he was unaware of von Däniken’s wild claims about them''
''in Armstrong’s own words: “It was the conclusion of our expedition group that they [the caves] were natural formations.” No lasers. No gold library. No aliens.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom