Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Associate
The bladerunner hate in here makes me cry. But the first film that comes to mind for me is napoleon dynamite. All the performances just seemed so forced and it just seemed like it was the writer's in jokes with his friends on screen. I just felt very separated from what i was watching if that makes sense, i suppose comedy is a big divider.

Plenty of films listed in here that i love, so horses for courses and all that.

Man of Honour
Just about every Hitchcock movie. Everyone tells me how big of a deal it is, but meh - most are badly paced, almost all are cliche, really bad special effects, completely not for me.

To be fair hitchcock movies were pretty ground breaking at their time, obviously don't stand up so well these days.

Associate
Its a good film with strong all round appeal to many audiences. Does this make it the best film ever¿

no it makes it the most popular on a website. Im a fan, but there are a bunch of films that will come out this year that will pull in million's of dollars does that make them all amazing must see, nope. Just popular films

Soldato
I agree with Titanic, Avatar and The Lord of the Rings films.

My own personal choice of overrated films at the moment is all of the Superhero films that we have been deluged with for the past several years.

Soldato
Its a good film with strong all round appeal to many audiences. Does this make it the best film ever¿

Ive tried a couple of times to watch it, its just......... boring.

I can't agree with a lot of the films listed by people here, but the Shawshank Redemption is the most overrated movie all time bar none.

Its almost as if people are afraid to say anything bad about it for fear of the film appreciation credentials being called into question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom