MotoGP - Mugello

Soldato
Neither of us like Lorenzo just something about him but can't see anyone else beating him

I think Jorge had quite an arrogance about him during his seasons in the 250s that put a number of people off him. I felt the same, but in MotoGP he seems to have matured somewhat, possibly because of the large crashes he suffered in his first season. Personally I would still prefer Stoner to take the title but it would appear he's lost it, so as long as it's anybody but Pedrosa, I don't really care :D.

Associate
Ouch, hope his leg and shoulder recover fully so he comes back as strong as ever. It does seem likely that Lorenzo will win it now, but it is still quite early in the season so Stoner is still in for a good chance.

Associate
OP
Would be good for Yamaha to see how well Spies goes on a 'works' bike, and could have a big effect on his and Lorenzo's worth come contract time.

Spies can't ride a factory race bike due to the 'no rookie' rule.

Basically if its your first year in MotoGP you aren't allowed to ride a full factory bike.

So either a japanese test rider or Edwards is the latest rumour.

Associate
OP
Its a new rule for this season.

In 2010, no rider eligible for Rookie of the Year will be allowed to go straight to a factory team.

Instead, they will have to go to a private or satellite team for at least one year, after which they will be eligible to join a factory team.

Associate
Spies can't ride a factory race bike due to the 'no rookie' rule.

Forgot about that.

It would never happen, but i'd love to see Bayliss do another 'super stand-in', get it on pole and win it, wring it's freakin neck:D

Only Edwards left then? Unless they make a special exemption for Spies.

John Hopkins?

Associate
I reckon this could be the end of Rossi's motogp days. Hope not but at his age now and with an amazing career behind him maybe he will decide enough is enough.

Soldato
I just don't see Rossi ending his career in this way, its not the way he'd want to go out.

If anything it might make him more determined to come back next year and win his title back!

Soldato
OMG I saw the highside earlier. Backend snapped out sooo harshly. It seemed like he must have been on the gas for no more than a nano second and the rear literally spat out like he hit oil or something. Quite a rare one for any rider let alone Valentino. Must have just been giving it some and took him by surprise. Nasty. I think it will Pedrobot vs Lorenzo now.

Associate
OP
Rossi had been cruising around for a km or so looking for a gap to start the wind up for a quick lap.

Tyre had cooled down rapidly before he gave it some gas , cold left hand side of tyre let go. His telemetry engineer repoted that.

Schoolboy error to be honest.

Associate
absolutely gutted about Rossi the legend, hope get hets back to full fitness sonn and returns to the sport as he s the most talented man in motor sport imo

Not just that but he has a brilliant personality and brings a bit of fun to a great sport unlike F1

Associate
OP
Rossi was addressing the crowd by telephone at Mugello over the PA system and just kept saying 'Caio , caio, caio'

Make of it what you will :confused:

Associate
OP
Good win by Pedrobot , Lorenzo did what he had to do and that was stay on and pick up good points.

The start of Pedrosa's and Honda's comeback ? One slip by Lorenzo and he's back in with a shout ;)

Soldato
Silly quick by Pedrosa, doubt even Rossi would've been able to match that, anyone reckon he's getting a bit hungry as without Rossi he actually stands a chance (realistically it's just Lorenzo that can beat him now)

Was a good race by Dovi as well, he's not far off being a consistent front runner really, I like him :p

Associate
Terrible news about Vale, but Stoner, Melandri, and de Puniet had a fantastic race-long battle. Even Spies kept them honest.

Soldato
Sorry lads, I think I jinxed Rossi as I'd just bough a new t-shirt.

The race was a bit boring but Moto2 made up for it. I'd love to see Rossi in that, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a do.

Back
Top Bottom