*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Associate
I tried with both colours but the best price they could give me was £344 which is better than nothing and then the cash back has tracked at £68.46 which brings the price to under £300 so I'm happy with that :)

Not too shabby, just for a few clicks and a few minutes of your time..gotta love quidco :)

Associate
Moto X Play was delivered today! Wanted to stay with Nexus (Have a Nexus 5) but wanted a bigger screen and this looked good.

Very much liking it, so far, although confused as to why the charger it comes with has 2 USB ports...

Associate
Moto X Play was delivered today! Wanted to stay with Nexus (Have a Nexus 5) but wanted a bigger screen and this looked good.

Very much liking it, so far, although confused as to why the charger it comes with has 2 USB ports...

Left over from the 2014 Moto X - Generally excepted that you'd have 2 Moto X's to charge so that when the first one went flat by lunchtime you'd then swap to the other to get through the day ;)

I work on mostly 2 sites. One has good signal (vodafone) and the other site is weaker. Working on the weaker signal site nails the Moto X '14 battery and can be discharged in 8 to 12 hours with very little use. Good signal sees it through a 17hr day no prob - depending on usage.

I'll be interested to know how the Moto X Style battery fairs. The few reviews have been mainly posative about it.

Associate
The reviews I've read have varied massively for the battery. Some say it's dreadful and others say it's far better than other similarly sized phones.

I think I've seen maybe 3 reviews, one said battery was very poor but the other 2 reviews said the opposite. Whatever, I guess it'll be a charge every day probably. Some of the reviews of the Moto X Play say the battery doesn't fair all that well :confused: Neither phone is tempting enough to upgrade too from the 2014 Moto X I currently have and the new Nexus 5 doesn't excite :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I'm tempted to wait and see how Marshmallow improves things. Still love my N4 but it's getting long in the tooth and won't be getting upgraded this year.

N5X/6P or Play/Style? No idea which way to go so I'll wait for reviews of the Nexus phones and Marshmallow for the Motorolas.

Something I will add about the battery, different carriers have had a massive effect on battery drain in America from two reviews I've watched. Might explain why some people love the battery life and others hate it.

Associate
I can get 2 days use out of my Play. Even when I've been at work where I have dreadful signal.

Well you know what some of these reviewers are like :rolleyes:

Got to say I was tempted by the X Play but disapointed that it doesn't have the sensors to catch the 'hand wave' in front of phone. I've actually got very used to that feature on the 14 Moto X. I'm going to sit tight and see what the Moto X Force is like later this year - assuming it is released here in UK.

Associate
Pre-registered interest and then ordered the day it was available via the Motorola website. They sent it Friday night and I got it Monday morning.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very tempted to just go for one if the Styles in 64gb with £10 off code and cashback it should be a nice upgrade from my M7!

What are people finding battery life to be like now some of you've had an X Style longer?

Associate
My o2 contract was up so when they phoned i asked if they where doing the Moto X Play and they said no.
Then found it on Amazon for £31 on o2 upgrade with 3gb data and unlimited.
Since i was already paying £25 for contract only with 2gb unlimited seems pretty decent.
2gb was enough for me for the last 2 years so went for it , so £144 for the phone with an extra 1gb data over 2 years.

Soldato
My o2 contract was up so when they phoned i asked if they where doing the Moto X Play and they said no.
Then found it on Amazon for £31 on o2 upgrade with 3gb data and unlimited.
Since i was already paying £25 for contract only with 2gb unlimited seems pretty decent.
2gb was enough for me for the last 2 years so went for it , so £144 for the phone with an extra 1gb data over 2 years.

£888 over 2 years for a Moto Play with 3gb data?

Even going for an O2 sim-only contract (£19.54pm for 4GB and unlimited minutes) and buying the phone outright from Amazon would have only cost £737, and that's before you start looking at other shops and providers. :\

Last edited:
Underboss
ordered my Moto X play, about time I changed my phone..

it was a toss up between this and the wileyfox storm, what swayed me to by a moto x , was the fact its "Motorola" so been around a hell of a lot longer, impressive battery life (3600 mAh) and fast charge !

Back
Top Bottom