*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

ordered my Moto X play, about time I changed my phone..

it was a toss up between this and the wileyfox storm, what swayed me to by a moto x , was the fact its "Motorola" so been around a hell of a lot longer, impressive battery life (3600 mAh) and fast charge !

Looking at the reviews & they say the Play does support fast charging but doesnt include the fast charger?

Looking at the reviews & they say the Play does support fast charging but doesnt include the fast charger?

odd

cant see it on the Motorola website
but on the American version (its called Pure) and it has it, but the charger is available to buy separately

EDIT//

According to reviews for the fast charger on the rain forest, fast charging works on the moto X 2014 model and the Moto G phones, so I don't see why they would delete that feature for the 2015 phones

Last edited:
The Play has those sensors as that gesture works on mine.

They do? Can't see them on pictures of the white model as you can with the 2014 X and Moto X Style. I read a review that said the X Play didn't have them. If you wave your hand infront of it does it activate the phone - without touching or moving it.

ordered a supcase (Unicorn Beetle Pro) to go with my moto x play

http://www.supcase.com/moto-x-pure-unicorn-beetle-pro-full-protective-holster-case-white-gray.html

looks like a really good case

It's a good case. Have one on my Moto X 14. Gives good protection BUT does bulk up the phone somewhat. Very similar to the Otterbox Defender but not as rubbery so doesn't 'drag' taking it in and out of your pocket. The port covers are a little fiddly though. You may need a couple of tyre levers to get it off again :D

The Moto x 2014 didn't include a fast charger in the box either even though it supports it.

When it was released here they wanted 25 to 30 quid for something that should have been bundled with the phone to start with. Ditto the Moto X Play. I have a turbo charger in my truck and it's very handy for putting some charge into Moto X in a hurry.

When it was released here they wanted 25 to 30 quid for something that should have been bundled with the phone to start with. Ditto the Moto X Play. I have a turbo charger in my truck and it's very handy for putting some charge into Moto X in a hurry.

I've got one hooked up under the seat on my bike as well, life saver for when I need a decent charge quickly.

Had my Style since Wednesday and really enjoying it so far. Its my first phone with QHD and i am blown away by how good it is. Not overly saturated like a Samsung display but very crisp. Battery life is on par with the iPhone 6 I had before it. I haven't had much chance to play with the camera although the app seems pretty poor. Really not a fan of the way they have implemented the focus ring feature. Can anyone recommend a good camera app?

The Samsung displays are very accurate, it's just up until recently Samsung chose to oversaturate the AMOLED panels in software, you could always change it in settings to make it more neutral. Other OEMs seem to be on the right track, looks like Google have put in an sRGB/Wide gamut settings in the 6P too using the Note 5's panel tech.

Back
Top Bottom