*** Motorola Moto X Style/Play Thread ***

Associate
From this hands on..

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...turbo-2-and-its-plastic-shatterproof-display/

"There is visible space between the clear front panel and the display, and the device doesn't have nearly the brightness or clarity of a conventional high-end display. It's a gray, muddy mess."

'Tis ugly with too much 'bezel' by todays standards and then the above statement. Kind of going off it already.

I do quite fancy the Moto X Style but the size is of concern. Need to have a look at one really.

Soldato
The screen on my X Style is lovely - so sharp (to be expected from Quad HD) and yes it's not absolute black when waving your hand over it at night like an amoled would be but it's more than bright enough in daytime use outdoors and has very decent viewing angles - but then I don't tend to view my phone from 45 degrees ;)!

I just need to find me a decent case for it now as I've got the included bumper on there for now and it's not exactly great.

Caporegime
I was looking forward to seeing what the Maxx/Force would offer before deciding which way to go but it's now between the Style and the N6P for me.

Want to see what Marshmallow is like on the Style before making a final decision but the lack of updates from Motorola and the fact they've already written off phones that have been released this year kind of edges me towards the Nexus.

Associate
I was looking forward to seeing what the Maxx/Force would offer before deciding which way to go but it's now between the Style and the N6P for me.

Want to see what Marshmallow is like on the Style before making a final decision but the lack of updates from Motorola and the fact they've already written off phones that have been released this year kind of edges me towards the Nexus.

Might be worth hanging on and seeing what the full reviews are like. I had a look at some hands on for Droid turbo and looks a possible to me. The drop tests on you tube are impressive. One fella ran over it with a bike (rickshaw?) and then got a horsey to stand on it, the latter did delve the screen in but it seemed to be still working.

Having just bought a Samsung galaxy tab s2 a GS 6 of some description is another possibility but quite a few grumble about battery life? Having blown a bit on the tablet, sticking with the 2014 Moto x is a strong possibly :eek:

Associate
Actually I forgot the Samsung GS 6 has a glass back - So that is a non starter for me.

Some of the hands on reviews say the Droid Turbo 2 (Force) display isn't all that bright? Biggest grumble for me of the 2014 Moto X was dim display on bright days outdoors. That said going into winter now it seems not to be an issue :rolleyes:

Underboss
Just posting this here

Bought my Motox play via bespoke offers a few weeks ago

just went to bespoke offers website and they are now saying they are CLOSED

hope that doesn't effect the warranty/returns

my moto x play is still going strong, loving it

Soldato
Marshmallow out immanently for the style and 2nd gen moto x. Good to see moto keeping their "first with updates" mantra intact.

Associate
Ordered a black play from amazon this morning :). Hopefully they put the white on offer later this week so I can buy one of those too.

Underboss
my Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 wall charger came today

plugged it is, and it still says "charging" I thought it was supposed to say "fast Charging" ?
can anyone confirm please ?

but I think it is working, as on my normal (not Qualcomm charger) does from about 40% in 2 hours, 6 hours if I use a standard usb socket

this new charger says 40 mins from 50%

for moto x play 2015

Man of Honour
my Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 wall charger came today

plugged it is, and it still says "charging" I thought it was supposed to say "fast Charging" ?
can anyone confirm please ?

but I think it is working, as on my normal (not Qualcomm charger) does from about 40% in 2 hours, 6 hours if I use a standard usb socket

this new charger says 40 mins from 50%

for moto x play 2015

My Moto x 2014 just says charging even when attached to a quick charger, definitely works though as the time to fully charged is much lower than when plugged into a standard charger.

Back
Top Bottom