Motors - review my car website

Yes pretty recently the .com was advertised for sale. I expect the guy wants low thousands $ for it though.

Not particularly allied to the name, just needed something short and relevant - that's quite hard to do.

Re scrolling - anyone else hate that? Its a nice effect I think but can get in your way if you are doing a lot of searches.

Are you using the eBay affiliate scheme when linking to them? if not might be extra money.

Even if the visitor does not buy a car, you can potentialy earn if they buy other junk from ebay,

I like the site, the thing that annoys me is I searched for a BMW M6 and they came up, but I couldn't easily tell the year which is very important.

I had to click each one unless it said it in the title. I'd go as far as to say another column with the year/plate would be really good.

I liked the auto scroll after you click search.

Re scrolling - anyone else hate that? Its a nice effect I think but can get in your way if you are doing a lot of searches.

For all features like this I'd try and make sure you cover the majority of desktop browsers, ios & android as it stands. I could take or leave it, it's nice but fundamentally it offers little that a page refresh would do (a page refreshing with results has a certain amount of user expectation that goes with it after years of google et al).

its certainly nice to be able to search pistonheads

such a massive missing feature on their part which means you have to wade through loads of adverts that don't concern you.(if looking for a specific engine for example)

Have you any plans to expand services on the site in the future flat-6? HPI checks, reviews, etc.? Or are you keeping it simple?
List of stuff as long as my arm to add, anything that would build revenue would be good like HPI check, insurance referrals etc. When I get it to a point where I'm happy with it I need to concentrate on building traffic to see if there's a viable business in it. So lots of blogging and SEO etc :(

Mini-reviews would be great, just a question of where to get that content from - hopefully cheaply or free!

Re mobile support, I might have a crack at www.jquerymobile.com and knock out a mobile version if I get time.

Thumbs up here, found cars that I wouldn't have found otherwise. As already said though:

The pictures being pulled through are chavtastic and not the standard cars.
Year of model greatly needed in the list.

Hope you get some good success out of it!

Right thanks to continued feedback making good progress.

Tonight's updates:

Model year column!
MX-5s for PH fixed
Some additional models added (Audi A1, A7, BMW X1 + some others)

If you are finding it useful do me a favour and tell others you might know on forums/twitter/facebook to try it out. :)

Just trying it on an iPad. The red warning messages could do with being near the submit button, or relative to the screen. I pressed it a few times and nothing happened and because it was scrolled down, didn't see the 'you must select a manufacturer' message.

Back
Top Bottom