Motors - review my car website

Just trying it on an iPad. The red warning messages could do with being near the submit button, or relative to the screen. I pressed it a few times and nothing happened and because it was scrolled down, didn't see the 'you must select a manufacturer' message.
Does it work ok otherwise? Didn't think the sliders would work being a touch device etc.

PH does have a filter but its very non-intuitive.

Hunting around trying to find what others are doing in this area and found www.netcars.com

Anyone had any dealings? They seem to be taking on AutoTrader with hot social marketing and plenty of SEO techniques. Looks to me like they even have paid bloggers generating content. Has anyone heard of them?

Tonight's CarSpy update - cookie set to remember your postcode. Also fixed some problems people were having with some models (Leon Cupra, 350Z) so they should work better now.

Last edited:
Not sure if its been noted already but it doesn't seem to produce / search for all results. For example, searching for A3 sportback and <£6000 only produces 1 car which all 3 website searches ticked.

Not sure if its been noted already but it doesn't seem to produce / search for all results. For example, searching for A3 sportback and <£6000 only produces 1 car which all 3 website searches ticked.
Will sort this out for you, got a few models that don't line up correctly across all sites.

This is simply because lots of people don't put sportback in the ad title. Try '5 door' or similar.

Its searching the 3 that are worth searching, i think it would just over complicate it if he added gumtree loot and all the rest of the odd lots.

I agree and would change the text that suggests the website searches a catalogue of top sites to say it searches the top 3 car selling websites.

Found a minor niggle. When I put the search down to 10 miles and sort the results by distance it sorted the results 10/6/7/8/9 and the other way 9/8/7/6/10. Other than that the site looks great :)

The bubble has burst for taking on anyone, but i really wish you well in this, because piston head search is **** and auto trader takes so long to load its a farce, if you can get enough advertising i hope you make money.

Found a minor niggle. When I put the search down to 10 miles and sort the results by distance it sorted the results 10/6/7/8/9 and the other way 9/8/7/6/10. Other than that the site looks great :)
Thanks for this, didn't realise what people were talking about before when they mentioned it as I always searched for <100 miles and no cars were less than ten miles.

Anyway, I've added a natural sort algorithm for the distance field to now works as you'd expect ie 10 miles > 2 miles.

Just seen this thread and thought I would give it a go. It's going very slow, took a few minutes to load and it seems very sluggish?

The actual layout/design is brilliant though.

I like it, the main problem for me is not being able to exclude mileages.. OK not vital to everyone, but I got a results page of something smallish like 34 cars, but had to go into each one to find out mileage etc

Maybe its not possible to do?

It would be cool if you could have a checkbox or similar to either 'keep' or 'ignore' a car on the list. Then each day when you run the search again, those that you have ticked as ignore would either not show or be greyed out.

I guess it all depends on whether you uniquely identify the same car on different searches?

Back
Top Bottom