Motors YouTube Videos

Soldato
That Audi that went sideways (passenger side) into the other BMW that pulled off to the left of the track, that would have really hurt.

In all fairness, where the camera guy stopped was actually the root cause of the rest of the accidents

OcUK Staff
This is the reason why I have zero interest in going on the Ring.

It is simply way too dangerous and so many of the people driving it are doing so with complete dis-regard to others.

That guy should never have stopped, he should have simply carried on in a calm manner back to the pits, leave it to the marshals and stay out of harms way.

Man of Honour
I feel like this is what the NSX R should have looked like, not that it doesn't look so so good anyway, but this thing is just something else.

If I had the money, that would be exactly what I'd make my NSX look like.

Associate

It is simply way too dangerous and so many of the people driving it are doing so with complete dis-regard to others.

That guy should never have stopped, he should have simply carried on in a calm manner back to the pits, leave it to the marshals and stay out of harms way.
Exactly, the rules even specify that if you see an accident you keep going. Track days are bad enough as you have people flying around in cars that are already dented and used specifically for the track, so they don't care if they have an accident. Last track day I did at Oulton Park was open pit lane format but was red flagged more than 10 times from 11am to 5pm.

We all got called over and were basically told to stop driving like fools.

Man of Honour

Would love a ZL1 Camaro. What's not to like about it? Looks flipping cool, is flipping loud, SC whine!!, outhandles an M4 GTS, and an awd/4ws 911 is needed to match it around a track.

But hey ho, doesn't look like Chevy sell it in Europe!

OcUK Staff
The ZL1 is absolutely totally awesome. Would pretty much be my perfect car is it ticks every single box for me, the only two issues being, LHD and visibility is not the best, when your sat on the wrong side, it makes things even worse. If GM started RHD Camaro/Vette we'd be seeing a lot more in the UK as the Camaro is extremely popular in Germany.

Man of Honour
Have you seen how Extra Mad the ZL1 1LE looks compared to the normal one though? The canards on that thing appear to be so wide they'd slide your shins in two.

uoatEx5.jpg

Same freedom units, but new aero and the spool damping system ofound on the Aston One77. Impressive stuff.

Never thought I'd say such things about an American muscle car. Camaro have done what appears to be a damn fine job at showing us EU folks up!

OcUK Staff
Have you seen how Extra Mad the ZL1 1LE looks compared to the normal one though? The canards on that thing appear to be so wide they'd slide your shins in two.

uoatEx5.jpg

Same freedom units, but new aero and the spool damping system ofound on the Aston One77. Impressive stuff.

Never thought I'd say such things about an American muscle car. Camaro have done what appears to be a damn fine job at showing us EU folks up!

Your a bit behind the times then, GM have being showing up the EU rivals for some time now, as good if not better performance for less money. Problem for GM is they still have not made the perfect car yet, the Camaro has weakness that results in Mustang outselling it considerably even on home turf. The Vette has weaknesses too.

They have the performance nailed, but the looks/design and everyday use ability is still a bit limiting.

If they could ever so slightly shrink the Camaro, I am talking tiny amount, improve visibility whilst keeping the angry looks and start making in RHD it would be something amazing. But on the flip side we do have one car in the UK, something that has caught my eye which has similar unique/aggressive/sporty looks, F-Type R and SVR both loud V8, both lots of performance, both good handling though GM probably wins and both not totally stupidly priced, but yes park a Camaro and F-Type next to each other and I suspect Camaro will attract the bigger crowd in a car park.

Man of Honour
Hmm on visibility, I had the Camaro RS for a week in Canada and thought visibility was fine, no issues at all. The only thing I hate about cars over there is that the rear view mirrors seem to magnify everything as opposed to give a nice wide view like EU cars do.

Other than that, few cheap plastic here and there, but the boot was huge and rear seats were usable as well. I think the size for UK roads would be rather big, but it is a car designed for lardy-sized lanes :p

M600 is nothing new, but he says there that it gets 25MPG, that's insane for the power and speeds that thing is capable of.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Ditto there are plenty of tracks across the UK for my needs and all are different. (Have done donnington, cadwell, blyton and snetterton) Only way I would is if I trailer my car there and back but that is yet another expense that could go on 3-4 track days in the UK. I will do it one day but most likely rent something or go in something incredibly cheap.

Back
Top Bottom