Motors YouTube Videos

Associate
I did a nasty one a few weeks back.

It was the first session of the first shakedown of my car since building it, hopefully not a mistake I'll make again but I think I got my foot on the clutch pretty quick which meant I got away with it.

The supercharger didn't sound happy about it though!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The plate is amazing, notice his tach goes to 11k :o When you're that rich, this is the kind of car worth buying and driving every day. Not really sure anything modern can compare really.

Easily done, one of me getting 1st instead of 3rd on my first visit to Goodwood on a downshift :eek:

https://youtu.be/lbRGnnD6ayE?t=2m2s

I'd have thought most modern car makers would have adopted locking out 1st in such situations? My car is 13 years old and won't allow you to accidentally go into 1st gear in that circumstance! I imagine the same applies to all Getrag gearboxes though.

Associate
I'd have thought most modern car makers would have adopted locking out 1st in such situations? My car is 13 years old and won't allow you to accidentally go into 1st gear in that circumstance! I imagine the same applies to all Getrag gearboxes though.

My car is 12 years old, the newer 6 speed locks you out, but I have a 5 speed which is an old box, pre dates my mk3, used since 1990, Amusingly I specifically bought the 5spd as I do Autosolo, Autosolos being low speed the ability to drop into 1st between 25-40mph can be handy where the 6spd won't let you unless you are a rev match god and so you end up having to labour the engine out of turns in 2nd loosing time, I never really thought about what would happen if I got 1st at 80mph in a sprint, that was brown trousers time and I was lucky not to end up in the wall on that run.

Last edited:
Soldato
dashcam vid you probably have to speak a lot to make it a watchable vid, like that guy on a motorbike who does stuff like that.
Nah, not only don't I like talking, I hate listening to people talk in dashcam vids, not to mention myself, terrible listening to yourself on vid :p.
Use subtitles to say what you mean imo, much less effort to read subs than have to listen to some annoying bugger (imo).

Same in films, it's much less effort to read subtitles than to listen: I use ENG subs for ENG films NL subs for Dutch spoken films, and Polish for Polish films (I speak all three)...

Back
Top Bottom