Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
That is no racing car and he's wearing a TV microphone. It'll just be some simulator-based publicity stunt or filming for German TV.

Sirotkin has enough super license points anyway, so I'm pretty sure he'd be Palmer's replacement should it happen.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Oh oh this takes off like a rocket! Even so lots of fans saw it's not a seat fit.... i will not replace anyone anywhere I am the happiest guy being able to drive @dtm_motorsport for @bmwmotorsport with such a great partner like @deutschepost so don't worry. Still overwhelmed by all the comments and lots of funny comments but will show you soon which Team contacted me

Seems he wasn't fully serious? Or just language barrier weirdness?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT2CzS7DtvG/

Soldato
Absolutely horrible crash for Bourdais. First time my hand has instinctively jumped in front of my face since I saw Simoncelli's crash at Sepang. Glad he was moving, and that itself is a small miracle considering how hard of a hit he took. Hope he's not suffered any back or neck issues, but the docs are already reporting he's conscious and largely intact, thankfully. Possible hip injury.

First time I've watched the 500 qualifying live (though I've seen many races live) and, accident aside, I'm really enjoying it. If it wasn't a green track the speeds would be nearing 240mph on the straights. But from the off it was mad, with Pippa Mann nearly hitting the wall two or three times on her four laps.

I don't know why, but I couldn't help but have a stupidly mad smile smacked on my face as Alonso was lapping. I just couldn't help it. I'm not an Alonso fan as such, but after the hand he's been dealt recently (or dealt himself if you prefer) it was great to see him at the sharp end. Looking forward to see what happens tomorrow and, more importantly, next weekend.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Yep, bad one for Bourdais. Hopefully he comes out of this okay - SAFER barriers and the very tough DW12 car should hopefully see to that.

As I type this, Sato has gone top. Alonso is 5th right now, a great effort. Looks like he ought to be in the pole fight.

Soldato
Wow, nasty crash for Bourdais, he had been looking very promising all week!

Good qualifying result for Alonso to make the top 9 shootout, after several seasons of driving sick dogs in F1.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
the Beeb said:
The perils of racing on high-speed American oval tracks were emphasised as former F1 driver Sebastien Bourdais suffered multiple fractures to his pelvis and a fracture to his right hip in a high-speed crash.

The Frenchman, 38, was fastest after the first two laps of his four-lap qualifying run but lost control exiting Turn One, smashed head-on into the barriers and rolled before coming to a rest.

IndyCar said in a statement that Bourdais was due to have surgery on his pelvis on Saturday evening at the Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital.

Dale Coyne Racing's team owner said in a statement on Saturday: "Sebastien is in good hands here at the hospital with the staff and now we just wait for him to recover."

Bourdais, who drove for F1 team Toro Rosso in 2008 and 2009, had been "awake and alert" immediately after the accident and had not lost consciousness.

Link.

Soldato
Another enormous F4 accident at Oulton earlier, this time for Jamie Caroline, upside down in the Old Hall barriers, and it looks like Patrik Pasma (who was the driver who Billy Monger hit) was in the thick of the action again as they were fighting over 3rd at the time. According to ITV Jamie Caroline is OK (possible hand injury). It seems it wasn't caught on camera.

Three big accidents already today (two in the Clios). They really need to sort out the driving standards before another driver gets seriously hurt.

Soldato
Another enormous F4 accident at Oulton earlier, this time for Jamie Caroline, upside down in the Old Hall barriers, and it looks like Patrik Pasma (who was the driver who Billy Monger hit) was in the thick of the action again as they were fighting over 3rd at the time. According to ITV Jamie Caroline is OK (possible hand injury). It seems it wasn't caught on camera.

Three big accidents already today (two in the Clios). They really need to sort out the driving standards before another driver gets seriously hurt.

Yeah I saw that one mate, Big crashes in the races today... but the camera's haven't caught the whole accident :rolleyes: it does seem abit hectic in the F4's

JRS

JRS

Soldato
They've let bad driving go on so long (especially in the BTCC) that it's just second nature now for kids to arrive in these series and drive like utter [censored].

Back
Top Bottom