Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
They've let bad driving go on so long (especially in the BTCC) that it's just second nature now for kids to arrive in these series and drive like utter [censored].

Yup. Needs to be some serious cracking down now. BTCC is an utter ****show at times. Can't get past so I'll just give him a little teeny tiny tap...

Associate
It was proper amateur-hour driving across all the race series today at Oulton Park. As others have said, bad driving and 'push (in the back) to pass' have been unpunished for too long. I'm fed up with the Honda Civics of Neal and Shedden basically bashing their way to the front; what he did to take out Cook was dreadful, and I found it awfully ironic given he'd been complaining about being 'duffed up' in the first race. Moffat arguably got his just deserts in Race 3 for running a guy off the road at the same spot in Race 2 when he went wide...

I'm glad Paul O'Neill was as outspoken as he was, but surely it's time to look at the venue? As he says, the cars are bigger, wider, heavier and faster, and yet Oulton has always been regarded on the narrow side; perhaps time to relegate it to being just a bike track?

Last edited:
Soldato
Another weekend of smashed up cars and poor driving. :rolleyes:

BTCC Race 3 was great for Sutton, gave him a great weekend but that was simply down to the fact the track is so narrow (as said above by JonnyT). It either needs a bit of a redesign to accomodate modern race cars, or it'll have to be relegated to a bike track for racing. Trains of cars that have to crash to overtake (Sheddon on Cook) isn't what series like the BTCC is about, where as the lesser-spotted overtake by Sheddon on Jordan is.

Soldato
I'm really hoping he wins. Will be the first time I've watched the Indy 500 next week. And if he wins that, him, Button and Webber in a Le Mans car would be ace. :D

Man of Honour
OP
Yup, Fernando's been really impressive so far. Fingers crossed for the race.

In F1 news, the deadline for McLaren to switch engine suppliers just passed for 2018. So they'll be sticking with Honda, not switching to Mercedes as rumoured.

Soldato
Hope Alonso somehow wins it, he deserves a bit of glory after these miserable years at McHonda.
You get the impression that he's just happy to be there and that there is hope at all, not going into a race fruitlessly driving his heart out as he has being.

Qualifying yesterday was nuts. So many cars brushing and more) the turn 2 barrier - and Sato twice.

Caporegime
Yup, Fernando's been really impressive so far. Fingers crossed for the race.

In F1 news, the deadline for McLaren to switch engine suppliers just passed for 2018. So they'll be sticking with Honda, not switching to Mercedes as rumoured.
I rear the rumours but never truly believed them. Honda will come good and if they stay until the new engine formula comes in, a far simpler twin turbo V6 with less energy recovery then I'm sure they'll come good.

Back
Top Bottom