Motorsport Off Topic Thread

RSR

RSR

Soldato
IMSA Weather Tech Championship race at COTA is live now on the IMSA APP/ Website, well its been live since the end of the WEC Race.

I paid 34.99 Euro's for the year for my WEC Sub's and its worth every penny, as I think the racing is much better than the F1 at the moment. The only complaint I have this year is the normal people from Radio LeMans aren't commentating but that should change for LeMans.

Soldato
More like bash bash touring cars today. Sizeable accidents, 3 red flags and over an hour behind schedule. Some terrible driving in the BTCC and Clios so far.

Some good racing too though (Collard vs the 2 Hondas in race 2) and the F4 race was fantastic. Thruxton is a proper track, but I've no idea which idiot cleared the new Church safety measures.

Man of Honour
Yeah that was a lot of red flags today but is kind of the nature of Thruxton, a bit like Donington where if you lose it you'll travel forever :p

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Question for those who are going to read this and complain about Ferrari getting extra money for being a long-standing team:

Are you okay with McLaren getting even more money than in 2016 despite utterly failing to do anything of note?

:)

Overall prize money has fallen. And this is reflected in a few of those figures - Ferrari are getting less money overall than before, Mercedes prize income stayed static despite winning virtually everything last year. But McLaren prize money is up 18%, for a team that hasn't won anything in a while and indeed gets a constructors' championship bonus even though they haven't won a God-damned constructors' title since nineteen-ninety-*******-eight.

Soldato
Question for those who are going to read this and complain about Ferrari getting extra money for being a long-standing team:

Are you okay with McLaren getting even more money than in 2016 despite utterly failing to do anything of note?

:)

Overall prize money has fallen. And this is reflected in a few of those figures - Ferrari are getting less money overall than before, Mercedes prize income stayed static despite winning virtually everything last year. But McLaren prize money is up 18%, for a team that hasn't won anything in a while and indeed gets a constructors' championship bonus even though they haven't won a God-damned constructors' title since nineteen-ninety-*******-eight.

Yes. As a McLaren fan I would be happy to see a more even distribution of the money, even at the expense of McLaren's income. The sport needs to be more competitive, and without turning F1 into a single spec series, smoothing the financial playing field is likely to have the biggest impact on creating better competition on the track.

Caporegime
It's especially apparent with the new regulations that the haves (Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes) are a Second ahead in lap times and this will only likely increase as time goes on. Only when development had truly peaked will the others stand a chance to catch up but when you have loads of cash it's easy to divert more into next years car while still developing this years compared to a team which has to decide to continue on this year or more to next year. Bigger teams will always bring in more in sponsorship anyway so they won't be that far short and will generally always have more money that lower teams.

Man of Honour
of course, I cant see anyone saying otherwise, thing you just said that to be cool.

As said there is a lot in f1 that needs fixing, I doubt liberty will. But hopefully they fix some of the bigger issues. But its not going to happen over night. Just have to see what direction they take.

Back
Top Bottom