Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
Your car will have been crash tested by Euro NCAP at 40mph. So don't have a crash at 41mph... you'll be killed and your car will be scattered far and wide...

See how stupid that sounds? Apply that to your post.

Soldato
Your car will have been crash tested by Euro NCAP at 40mph. So don't have a crash at 41mph... you'll be killed and your car will be scattered far and wide...

See how stupid that sounds? Apply that to your post.

WOOOOOOOOSH right over your head. The last part was a bit of a joke.

Here is one that even the blip can understand.

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

David Coulthard: I was really surprised when the chicken swerved right in front of me and crossed the road. I was expecting it to walk straight along the pavement, but it just cut right across in front of me. I think we'll need a ruling from the FIA if chickens are allowed to do this.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The last part was a bit of a joke.

So why wasn't it funny then? Why did it read exactly like some of the other fact-blind toss you've posted over the years? Why don't I believe you when you now claim that you were only joking?

OH WAIT I KNOW. Guess I need to quote that entire stupid exchange about MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 lap records to remind you. You know, the one where I posted rebuttals with evidence and you accused me of twisting your words and being a bully?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The old "it was a joke" get out? Oh dear.

Anyway... what I'd be interested to know is, are they rolling the halo out to GP2 et al?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
To take Dan Wheldon's crash as an example:

That wasn't a survivable crash. Nothing short of not having the crash would have saved Dan. The halo isn't designed to save drivers having a crash like that, because not much at all to do with car construction could save a driver in a crash like that.

The halo is designed to prevent what happened to Henry Surtees happening again. That's pretty much it.

Man of Honour
OP
I hope he's allowed to push the car, not just pootle around. It'd be interesting to see what Renault will do if it turns out that he's right on the pace.

I think that's the whole point.

Abiteboul said:
After this test, we will carefully analyse the collected information to determine in what conditions it would be possible for Robert to return to competition in the upcoming years

Soldato
He is right and knows more then us. Also this about F1.
This isn't just about F1. You know full well that Indycar are looking at driver head protection too and are monitoring the FIA's findings with a view to introducing measures themselves.

The halo would have almost certainly have saved Justin Wilson's life. As JRS rightly said, it wouldn't have done anything at all in the terrible accident that Dan Wheldon suffered. There's no "debate" (as Buxton put it) to be had on either.

Soldato
This isn't just about F1. You know full well that Indycar are looking at driver head protection too and are monitoring the FIA's findings with a view to introducing measures themselves.

The halo would have almost certainly have saved Justin Wilson's life. As JRS rightly said, it wouldn't have done anything at all in the terrible accident that Dan Wheldon suffered. There's no "debate" (as Buxton put it) to be had on either.

Only you bring in usa motor sport. This about F1. Why don't you start a new thread about nas\indycar?
I don't follow indycar so I wouldn't know or care about it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Only you bring in usa motor sport. This about F1. Why don't you start a new thread about nas\indycar?
I don't follow indycar so I wouldn't know or care about it.

You brought up Will Buxton's article, which talked about Dan Sheldon and Justin Wilson, you ** No personal insults please - EVH **.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I can't see jrs on this form...thank god. Buxton did say his views are about f1. All posts here about the halo are about f1.
It's just you that brings in usa sports.

Same old, deuse says something stupid, gets called on it and suddenly it's a joke. He brings up a Buxton article then complains when people point out problems with it, starts going on about how all posts here are about the halo are about F1 only, when you brought up the Buxton article that took it into the arena of indycar crashes.

Buxton gets things right, he gets things wrong, being within F1 doesn't make someone infallible, just listen to Brundle or Eddie Jordon, they get things wrong all the time.

His article is almost entirely stupid though, he bangs on about how the future of F1 is closed cockpit but that he can't see how the halo is a step towards a closed cockpit and at that point I start to question if he's a complete idiot or not. Halo, then add a screen below it, then add a screen above it and you have a closed cockpit.

One of the issues with just a screen is making it strong and making it the right angle to both be strong and not effect light/view. I find it quite weird that at least a small cockpit wide screen isn't added at full height of the halo, even if you leave the sides open a fairly straight screen would have nearly no impact on the view, it would be supported on three sides and so strength would be good and it would make it much easier to deflect things like a spring or carbon fibre. 99% of head injury stuff will be coming from the front anyway, the halo itself provides cover from bigger things like tires. I'm very surprised they haven't included a screen yet with the basic concept of the halo. Anyway back to Buxton, I can't see how anyone on earth can't see how halo or something like it isn't a step towards a closed cockpit.

Back to Deuse, if you're going to link to an article, expect comments on it, people won't just automatically agree with everything in it and you can't cry about people using parts of it you don't like, it's not remotely close to off topic.

Back
Top Bottom