Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
Kubica out on track today, done a solid 41 laps so far and what seems like a ton of support. Lots of rookies driving.

As much as I'd love to see him back, the current formula isn't good enough to see him race properly. But that's a problem for all the drivers really. Seems to be proving he's still got the fitness and pace though, so hopefully we see him back in F1 in the next couple years and in a decent team.

Did you see him clip the garage entrace wall knocking the signage off above the garage onto the car?

https://www.facebook.com/F1Trolling/videos/2423739197764385/

Woops, not quite used to the width of this years cars!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Ha, spotted that this morning. Suppose it didn't help the number of photographers requiring him to take a tight turn to get out.

Great for the sport, great for coverage, great for the media spotlight it puts Renault under and ultimately great for Robert. So pleased to see him this far.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Haha, oops! Well if that's his only mistake today then he's doing well.

I think it's safe to say the Polish fans love F1 and Kubica. They're properly chanting in the grandstands haha.

Soldato
He's done two GP distances so far. Not blistering quick, but not slow either, a pretty decent showing from him really.

Interesting to see that he's got up and downshift on the same paddle like JV back in the day.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
He's done two GP distances so far. Not blistering quick, but not slow either, a pretty decent showing from him really.

Interesting to see that he's got up and downshift on the same paddle like JV back in the day.

They've only just stuck the fast tyres on for him to have a play I think.

I thought the same paddle shifting was a thing with a couple drivers still, unless I'm just remembering JV. Not something you really notice unless it's pointed out. Where did you see/read that?

Associate
Think to jump in the car today and put together the two race distances in a day, and be reasonable competitive is a great achievement. Hungary is also quite a technical/intense track from what i understand so not the easiest to ease yourself into driving one of these cars.

Kudos to Kubica, I personally hope to see him back in F1 with a decent drive as always rated him as a driver!

Caporegime
The rumours that he'll replace Palmer from Spa onwards just won't go away.
And they're just that, Rumours. I doubt it'll happen. Renault might give him the odd P1 session to see how he copes with other cars in a semi-competitive environment but I think Palmer will finish the rest of the season.

Man of Honour
Why would they mess about with all the testing and seeing if hes fit if they weren't at least entertaining the idea of a seat for him?

With all the hype around him, it would be great for the brand, and I just honestly couldn't see him doing worse than Joggon Palmer.

Back
Top Bottom