Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Personally I agree that Ferrari shouldn't be given preferential treatment but I would personally not bother watching F1 if they left. They are the only reason I watch it despite how rubbish they've been in the past 10 years.

Man of Honour
Okay. As long as while they're at it they quit paying the extra $30m that McLaren get for winning constructors' championships decades ago. And the extra $10m that Williams get for having been around since 1977. And the extra $35m that RBR trousered last year for being the first ones to stick their hands up and ask for it.

The Williams payment seems OK to me. Nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty to the series.

Prize money based on historical finishes really needs to go though.

Man of Honour
Ferrari: Race to Immortality

On Amazon in various formats. Do yourself a favour and watch it, great documentary with some exceptional colour film I have not seen before. For me the best of the bunch of recent motorsport titles, with the McLaren on up there.

Soldato
F1fanatic today are reporting on Santander's decision to cease sponsorship of Ferrari, pulling a $40 million per annum funding source. That's a pretty big sponsor - I wonder who they're trying to line up as a replacement. Presumably somebody with a decent amount of red in their brand.

Soldato
F1fanatic today are reporting on Santander's decision to cease sponsorship of Ferrari, pulling a $40 million per annum funding source. That's a pretty big sponsor - I wonder who they're trying to line up as a replacement. Presumably somebody with a decent amount of red in their brand.
Weren't Santander loosely tied to Alonso? Didn't McLaren say they had a big name sponsor lined up for next year?

#Churn

*edit* - dammit MissChief beat me to it :)

Soldato
Well, it's good that Fiat/Ferrari are propping them up, but a weird time considering they're about to ditch the Ferrari engines. Maybe Ferrari see this as a way to get some additional engine data from another provider, even if it is the Honda.

Back
Top Bottom