Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
Sounds about right. Don't bother to do anything to improve the on-track action. Instead focus on new coverage graphics, and placing the cameras lower down, and putting music on the TV broadcast...

Outstanding.

How are TV producers supposed to have any control over the on track action then ?

That is not in their area at all.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
How are TV producers supposed to have any control over the on track action then ?

That is not in their area at all.

I was taking a jab at Liberty Media, rather than the individual broadcasters. Since it's a Liberty initiative to 'improve the show', and since they basically own F1 now.

Soldato
This is pretty huge, F1 TV is coming with a reasonable subscription service. Can choose live onboards of all drivers in all sessions, access to archive footage.

Not available in the UK of course :( Who's gonna try a VPN?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...v-a-live-grand-prix-subscription-service.html

Looks like a good starting point and it’ll only improve over time. This is how I want to view F1 via an app on my AppleTV and would happily pay F1 directly just for that. I refuse to pay Sky for channels I don’t want to watch. The deal with Sky in the UK to be sole broadcaster from 2019 onwards is simply a bad deal for British fans. It’s locking out the audience and viewing figures back that up.

Soldato
Soldato
What do you get for the v8s? Can you playback at any time? I want to watch the race later in the day at a good quality.
You get all sessions live and on demand - ~31 races, qualifying and practice sessions. It really is a good service considering how cheap it is. I watched the full 8hrs of the Bathurst race without a single glitch.

They've made some significant upgrades this season:

For 2018, Supercars have made big improvements and included new features to ensure a high quality streaming experience.

Championship qualifying sessions and races will now be streamed in Full HD at a significantly higher quality**. You won’t miss a moment with a new DVR style rewind function giving you the ability to join the stream mid session and rewind back to the session start.

As always, if you can’t get in front of your device to catch the action live, we will have you covered with full replays of each 2018 championship race and qualifying session. Access to full session replays will be faster than ever before.

We’ve also added a brand new event to the championship calendar in 2018 with the inaugural The Bend Supersprint taking place from 24 to 26 August in South Australia set to be covered on SuperView.

In line with these new exciting features, and the extra event in 2018 the price of SuperView this year has risen to $59.95AUD.

I thought it was in HD before, it certainly wasn't bad quality as I watched it on a 4KTV with no issues.

https://www.supercars.com/superview-videos/

Man of Honour
Soldato
You get all sessions live and on demand - ~31 races, qualifying and practice sessions. It really is a good service considering how cheap it is. I watched the full 8hrs of the Bathurst race without a single glitch.

I thought it was in HD before, it certainly wasn't bad quality as I watched it on a 4KTV with no issues.

Was hoping the Super Utes would be on there too this year... Hopefully can find somewhere with the races.

Soldato
Soldato

Perfect, think that will be purchased later!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I suggested a WWE network-like subscription service for F1... looks like someone read my post. It's just a shame the UK has signed up with Sky for so long.

Oh well, all our work traffic is routed through the US VPN, so I should be able to access this from home on my work machine :)

Soldato
I suggested a WWE network-like subscription service for F1... looks like someone read my post. It's just a shame the UK has signed up with Sky for so long.

Oh well, all our work traffic is routed through the US VPN, so I should be able to access this from home on my work machine :)
What's a 'WWE network-like subscription service'? How's it different to the other sport subscription services?

Caporegime

Worth remembering that this was one of Bernie's last gasp deals before Liberty got their foot in the door and replaced him. A bit of an 'up yours' to Liberty I suspect.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What's a 'WWE network-like subscription service'? How's it different to the other sport subscription services?
All past shows and PPVs are available on demand. Live events are available to stream and there is lots of behind the scenes / documentary stuff available too.

The WWE network costs £9.99 pcm, so you get great value for all the content considering all the PPVs are included. If F1 did this, I’d subscribe forever.

Back
Top Bottom