1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Spunkey

Capodecina

Jack Aitken has left his position as Renault test driver and has joined Williams as reserve driver. Still no word on whether he has a seat in GP2 yet this year.

2. JRS

Capodecina

Coronavirus: Chinese Grand Prix in doubt as Shanghai suspends sports events - link.

Can't say I'm shocked. Or even all that disappointed to be perfectly honest. If I was going to lose a race from the season, this one would be on the list of preferred options.

3. timmeh

Mobster

4. EddScott

Sgarrista

A couple of friends have discussed going to the Vietnam race. The risk of the virus spreading is a bit of a concern. Think we're going to make the final decision this weekend.

5. b0rn2sk8

Soldato

Get travel insurance right away! At least you’ll get your money back if the foreign office changes its advice not to travel.

6. Spunkey

Capodecina

Vietnam should be fine. I've had friends just come back from Hong Kong (who've had more cases of CV than Vietnam, 22 to 10, including 1 death) and they were still allowed to travel and didn't have to be quarantined. I think the whole thing is massively blown out of proportion, ala avian flu.

7. Spunkey

Capodecina

2020 Haas revealed, the VF-20:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Congratulations once again to Haas. Experts at painting cut edge technology to make it look dull.

9. Lopéz

Man of Honour

I like it actually. I'm a big fan of red, white and black together.

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

It isn't white. They want you to believe it is white with the processed photos, but it isn't. It is drab grey.

11. MrKnifey

Mobster

I quite like it to be fair

12. JBeck

Mobster

I think it looks pretty good, a million miles better than the drabness of last years effort.

Let's hope they don't get involved with idiotic sponsors and sort the tyre wear issues out.

13. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Chinese GP is about to be called off unsurprisingly.

14. Spunkey

Capodecina

Definitely for the best, but it's a shame it wasn't one of the more crap tracks like Sochi, or Singapore. I wonder if Vietnam might be affected too if this hasn't all blown over by the end of March.

15. SoliD

Capodecina

Low numbers of cases in Vietnam currently so shouldn't be affected.

16. Mr Jack

Capodecina

It depends on how it spreads, surely? A major outbreak could happen pretty much any time, so although you're correct as it stands, things could change quickly. Mind you, that's true for everywhere on the calendar.

17. JBeck

Mobster

18. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Looks decent, but I’m bored of car releases. I’ll wait to see what turns up in Oz.

19. Spunkey

Capodecina

McLaren have gone matte this year too. Seems to be the latest trend.

It's going to be a dull year for car unveilings. There's no real regulation changes and no major sponsor changes, apart from Alpha Tauri, so everything's pretty much going to look the same as last year.

20. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

The matte paint seems odd to me as you expect glossy to be slippery'er? (Obviously i am no expert obviously and there's probably a reason for it or they wouldn't do it but it just feels counter intuitive.I guess there could be weight saving/re-distribution due to no lack of gloss layer on the paint over actual car slipperyness?

Yeah, next year will be far more exciting just for the cars looking different. :cool: