Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
*slow clap*

(And more details).

Oh, there's a clip of it on twitter which I won't link since swearies. Casual use of the n-word, that's not a winning career move.

Pretty embarrassing for a 21 year old

I mean it isn't excusable at any age, but he truly is at an age where he should know better (and be mature enough to just....not do that. He's acting like he is 12 or 13 in that clip).

Imagine having the talent and doing the grind to be a reserve driver for the F1 Red Bull team and then destroying everything because you wanted to shout racial slurs in public on Call of Duty.

Caporegime
Imagine having the talent and doing the grind to be a reserve driver for the F1 Red Bull team and then destroying everything because you wanted to shout racial slurs in public on Call of Duty.

Yup. I guess I can cut him a little slack for being from another culture and speaking a second language* but that's really not enough of an excuse. For a driver like Vips who has a decent but not exceptional racing record it probably matters more than for a driver who can win championships at F3/F2 level, who could get away with doing some penance.

---

* It's known that people speaking their second language are less inhibited about swearing and/or talking about taboo subjects in that language. Possibly why Yuki is so casually sweary as well.

Caporegime
Gasly confirmed at AT for next year, probably telling that Tsunoda hasn't been confirmed..... possibly F2 driver in there next year (obv not Vips now!)
TBH I don’t think Vips was ever truly in the running for a RB or AT seat. there was a mild rumour that Gasly might go to McLaren so that’s off the table. Danny Ricc maybe to stay Then one of O’Ward or Herta in?

Soldato
Yup. I guess I can cut him a little slack for being from another culture and speaking a second language* but that's really not enough of an excuse. For a driver like Vips who has a decent but not exceptional racing record it probably matters more than for a driver who can win championships at F3/F2 level, who could get away with doing some penance.

---

* It's known that people speaking their second language are less inhibited about swearing and/or talking about taboo subjects in that language. Possibly why Yuki is so casually sweary as well.

Must be Nelson Pique's reasoning too given he's said to have called Lewis 'little N-word'

Soldato
Not sure if it's just me or is it only really Horner we're hearing complain so vocally about the budget cap in the media. Maybe Binotto is on to something and they really are burning through cash and likely to go above the cap even with the inflation.

Man of Honour
Not sure if it's just me or is it only really Horner we're hearing complain so vocally about the budget cap in the media. Maybe Binotto is on to something and they really are burning through cash and likely to go above the cap even with the inflation.

There's been plenty of moaning from Binotto, I just think Horner gets more airtime in the UK media to be honest, we've also seen Zak Brown and Andreas Seidl at McLaren saying they're in favour of the cap but will likely breach it this year.

Soldato
English-language parochialism. He said it in Brazil, and no-one paid attention at the time. Possibly the Vips incident caused it to come to light now.
No one really heard the pod cast, a few I have seen already explained the word can be used in normal conversation but in this context was deffo used in a racist way, also how he used everyone else's name, except Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom