Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Yes. How to be a good judge of character. Clearly something a lot of people these days severely lack.

So you have you met and know both of them. Want to tell us what she's like?

We don't even know if this is connected to Horner's investigation. She very well might be in the right in that case but that doesn't mean she's not done something else.

Caporegime
So you have you met and know both of them. Want to tell us what she's like?

We don't even know if this is connected to Horner's investigation. She very well might be in the right in that case but that doesn't mean she's not done something else.

Ay? I'm talking about his latest comments to the media playing the victim and complaining about intrusions on his family and wanting to draw a line under it etc.

An adulterer complaining about how getting caught is hurting his family is laughable.

Caporegime
May I remind people that an independent investigation found Horner cleared of inappropriate behaviour.

The problem is that Red Bull has done absolutely nothing to convince people that the investigation was credible; especially now the leaked messages are out there and we know Horner has been lying through his teeth.

Clearly Red Bull have very good grounds to do so

Clearly? No, as with the rest of this, nothing is clear about this. So instead of this seeming like Red Bull are responding with good grounds it has the whiff of punishing the whistleblower about it. Of course, it may be that they have good grounds - as always, through this ugly fracas, we lack the information to make an informed judgement - but since they've bungled the handling of this so comprehensively they've lost the assumption of good faith.

Soldato
Ay? I'm talking about his latest comments to the media playing the victim and complaining about intrusions on his family and wanting to draw a line under it etc.

An adulterer complaining about how getting caught is hurting his family is laughable.

You should have linked to an article as your post wasn't following thread discussion.

Soldato
The problem is that Red Bull has done absolutely nothing to convince people that the investigation was credible; especially now the leaked messages are out there and we know Horner has been lying through his teeth.
1. They don't need to
2. Nobody and I mean NOBODY has confirmed the 'leaks' are genuine. The fact that no press have shown the leaks says that with all the sources available to them they have not been able to verify them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
1. They don't need to

They do need to. Because this is about PR. Because Red Bull Racing is a promotional activity for Red Bull the drink

2. Nobody and I mean NOBODY has confirmed the 'leaks' are genuine. The fact that no press have shown the leaks says that with all the sources available to them they have not been able to verify them.

If the leaks were fake, then it is almost certain that Red Bull or Horner would have said so. It would be quick, simple, and an obvious win for them. The fact they haven't is means that they are extremely likely to be real.

Last edited:
Soldato
It doesn't require special powers. They aren't fake because Horner and RB haven't said they are. If they were just completely fabricated, then they would obviously say so.
Are you able to share your sources on that, or are you on the legal team, which is why you say it's obvious?

Associate
I can’t believe there are actually people thinking they are fake this long into the saga.

Seems rather obvious they are legit, that doesn’t mean Horner has necessarily done some horrendous deed or whatever.

The texts were hardly shocking were they, just cringe and unprofessional at worst.

If someone was going to fake some texts etc with aim of taking him down you’d think they would make them a bit more explosive wouldn’t you.

On top of that you have Jos saying the team is being torn apart and Horner has to go, with Max saying his dad isn’t a liar in reference to that quote. If it’s all nonsense why is this all coming out at same time ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
If Red Bull have found that she has done something worthy of being suspended then why shouldn't they? From the messages we've seen she's been just as complicit in this 'hanky panky'. Why are you only chastising Horner and not the female colleague also involved?

Red Bull have clearly taken this all very seriously, they wouldn't suspend one of the individuals involved without very good reason.

What do you know that we don't?

Absolutely correct she should be suspended when there is proper grounds for but it is two people so both should be suspended.

I had a case at work when a manager (female) was banging one of her subordinates and both were suspended. Also a second one where the male manager got sacked but that was more to do with the fact he was caught with his spam javelin in her mouth in a chiller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely correct she should be suspended when there is proper grounds for but it is two people so both should be suspended.

I had a case at work when a manager (female) was banging one of her subordinates and both were suspended. Also a second one where the male manager got sacked but that was more to do with the fact he was caught with his spam javelin in her mouth in a chiller.

But she's been suspended for being dishonest, sounds like something different to the current 'messages' we've seen. Why are you suspending both of them?

Soldato
They do need to. Because this is about PR. Because Red Bull Racing is a promotional activity for Red Bull the drink
No-one is going to care about this in a months time.
All people are going to be talking about is Red Bull winning race after race after race. Yeh the RB brand must be beside themselves being this successful.

Last edited:
Soldato
The usual expected reply from you.
Of course. Because I don't think the answer to a CEO having an affair with a subordinate is that "it takes two to tango lolz". Irrespective of who is involved. It just so happens that Horner is involved, who has history of cheating on his partner, so it just makes it that slightly easier to believe what he's been accused of is real. Oh that, and the messages.

I think those denying the messages are real should probably learn how to read. Today Horner said: "The only reason this has gained so much attention is because of the leakage and attention in the media which has been very trying in many respects." I hate to point out the obvious, but it's only a leak if it's real. So maybe stop banging that drum for starters.

Funnily enough Horner is also keen to draw a line under the investigation, yet Honda say "We do not have full details on the matter at this point, therefore Honda are not in a position to make any detailed comment. We look forward to full clarity as soon as possible." So no, it's not going away any time soon.

At the end of the day, I called it a Trumpian defence from the start. The messages are real. Horner had an affair with a colleague. And RB is such a ****house toxic company that they just think they can bully their way through it, sack the woman (that'll be the next step) and be done with it. Disgusting.

The only 'positive' is that surely by following the events and decisions through, surely this woman is free to talk to the press as she didn't take a payoff. That'll be interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom