Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
The BBC has quoted Red Bull in that the individual has been suspended because they were dishonest.

Whether it's changed since you posted or not I don't know but the language used currently is:

"The company cannot comment on this internal matter," a Red Bull spokesperson said on Thursday.

BBC Sport has learned the reason given by Red Bull to the employee was that she had been dishonest.

Which feels a bit more 'someone has told us that the employee was told' rather than 'quoted Red Bull' at the moment.

One thing we can all be sure of - this circus will be in town for a good few weeks yet

Soldato
We now live in a world where the CEO of your company can send you a text message admitting he rubbed one out over you and YOU are the one suspended while he gets away scot-free. Wild.

If Red Bull have found that she has done something worthy of being suspended then why shouldn't they? From the messages we've seen she's been just as complicit in this 'hanky panky'. Why are you only chastising Horner and not the female colleague also involved?

Red Bull have clearly taken this all very seriously, they wouldn't suspend one of the individuals involved without very good reason.

What do you know that we don't?

Soldato
of course. everyone's clutching at straws (inc me) because there is actually very little evidence available

Agreed. She might have taken a notepad or pen home or something. Taken one more team polo shirt than she was issued.

Yup, they might have found something unrelated to this on her laptop/ phone during the investigation.

Caporegime
If Red Bull have found that she has done something worthy of being suspended then why shouldn't they? From the messages we've seen she's been just as complicit in this 'hanky panky'. Why are you only chastising Horner and not the female colleague also involved?

Red Bull have clearly taken this all very seriously, they wouldn't suspend one of the individuals involved without very good reason.

What do you know that we don't?
Clearly when the CEO, not your boss, or even your bosses boss, is making advances, unwanted or not, when they’re married, can you not see the clearly wrong power dynamic at play here? Even if she did something wrong it doesn’t absolve Horner of making many mistakes that would likely, at just about any other business or workplace, see him out on his ear, and very quickly indeed.

Soldato
Clearly when the CEO, not your boss, or even your bosses boss, is making advances, unwanted or not, when they’re married, can you not see the clearly wrong power dynamic at play here? Even if she did something wrong it doesn’t absolve Horner of making many mistakes that would likely, at just about any other business or workplace, see him out on his ear, and very quickly indeed.

What has any of the got to do with your comment about her being suspended? What do you know that we don't that means that Red Bull shouldn't be suspending her right now?

Soldato
From the messages we've seen she's been just as complicit in this 'hanky panky'. Why are you only chastising Horner and not the female colleague also involved?
Amazing how some people on here still don't understand the power dynamics happening when a company's CEO gets himself involved with a colleague at a much more junior level. I mean honestly, educate yourselves guys. It's not 2016 anymore :rolleyes:

Soldato
Amazing how some people on here still don't understand the power dynamics happening when a company's CEO gets himself involved with a colleague at a much more junior level. I mean honestly, educate yourselves guys. It's not 2016 anymore :rolleyes:
The usual expected reply from you. Can no-one answer why Red Bull can't suspend someone if they have found wrongdoing? Just turning around and saying, but but look at Christian and what he's been up to is completely irrelevant to the news story today about what the female has been suspended for. All we know so far is that it is in relation to being dishonest. All of this is independant on whatever your views of Christian are and what you think he has done. May I remind people that an independent investigation found Horner cleared of inappropriate behaviour.

None of this outrage aimed at Horner should have a direct impact on today's decision to suspend her. Clearly Red Bull have very good grounds to do so, yet the only response is.. but but Horner did stuff too.

Soldato
The usual expected reply from you. Can no-one answer why Red Bull can't suspend someone if they have found wrongdoing? Just turning around and saying, but but look at Christian and what he's been up to is completely irrelevant to the news story today about what the female has been suspended for. All we know so far is that it is in relation to being dishonest. All of this is independant on whatever your views of Christian are and what you think he has done. May I remind people that an independent investigation found Horner cleared of inappropriate behaviour.

None of this outrage aimed at Horner should have a direct impact on today's decision to suspend her. Clearly Red Bull have very good grounds to do so, yet the only response is.. but but Horner did stuff too.
Quite and very well put....

Soldato

This isn't the only power dynamic at play here though is it?

Since the #MeToo movement a new dynamic has formed where the mere accusation of impropriety by a manager is often enough to cause a suspension from work pending investigation, leading to the opportunity for malicious, scorned women to make either outright false accusations or accusations with some degree of plausible deniability to damage a mans career.

I'm not saying this is what's happened here, but if she's been suspended for 'dishonesty' then it certainly doesn't look good for her.

Soldato
This really is not a good look for RBR or F1 in general, not a good look at all!
They need to sort out their dirty laundry and move on. These sort of theatrics and drama have really pushed me away from F1 over the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom