Motorsport Off Topic Thread

It's time both RB teams were bought out and no longer run by megalomaniacs. What a dire way to fire and hire a driver. While the ground effect era hasn't suited Danny, he absolutely deserved a full and proper send off.

I'd like to think this is a test to see if he can replace Perez next year.

They won't promote Yuki, the Honda ties end soon and that will be the end of that. If Lawson does well, he goes up to Red Bull and replaces Perez. Hadjar moves up from F2 to accompany Yuki.

But I also think Red Bull love Perez's Mexican millions too much. So Lawson may just stay with Vcarb, Yuki goes when the Honda partnership ends and Hadjar moves up then.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure Red Bull need the money any more given the spending cap anyway; but I guess its less cash for Red Bull themselves to put up; that said I'm sure if they had a decent profile second driver with some marketing value (dare I even say.... a Ricciardo) the money would be mostly replaced.

No, they just say he's in for the rest of this season, not that he's confirmed for next season.

Lawson confirmed that this is the case in an interview with a New Zealand TV outfit:

Lawson answered questions about his situation beyond the remaining 2024 races very carefully.

He replied “that’s correct” when asked if for now he just had clarity over the rest of 2024 and didn’t know if he’d have an F1 race seat for 2025.

“I’ve basically got until the end of this season and then I’ll find out more as the season goes on. At this stage, it’s the six races,” Lawson continued.

Asked if he knew what performance was required over those six races to ensure he had a 2025 F1 seat, he replied: “I need to perform, basically. I need to try to obviously show my worth in F1 and I would say do a similar job to what I did last year. That’s what’s given me the shot now.

“I just need to do enough to stay in the seat next year.”​

As reported by The Race.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom