Motorsport Off Topic Thread

I can't be the only one thinking that the way a lot of people, especially Reddit, are reacting to DR departure as being way, way over the top.

Take the smiley and class-clown personality away and he has been underwhelming since McLaren. RB owe him nothing at all, he had a second (undeserved imo) chance and he didn't make an impression. He isn't the first and wont be the last driver to get dropped.
Yeah your spot on to be fair as much as i liked him, just the way RB didnt give the fans a proper warning and being a nice guy has never really meant the drivers keep their seats :o

I can't be the only one thinking that the way a lot of people, especially Reddit, are reacting to DR departure as being way, way over the top.

Take the smiley and class-clown personality away and he has been underwhelming since McLaren. RB owe him nothing at all, he had a second (undeserved imo) chance and he didn't make an impression. He isn't the first and wont be the last driver to get dropped.
Completely 100% agree. You can say the same about any 'meme' driver with a following. Kubica, Kimi, the last few years of Vettel etc.

As said above Danny Ric got a 2nd chance of an F1 career which is more than a lot of very good drivers do. He also basically had an open goal of a drive at the very top team in F1 if he could have just stood out 1 iota at VCARB and he couldn't even manage that.

Nice guy but his days as F1 driver were and still are done.

Social media reactions are always filtered to be over-the-top.

I have no problem with him being dropped, but I do think this has been handled badly. We now know that Lawson knew about this two weeks ago, so why not announce it before the Singapore GP so that Daniel can sign off properly in his last race, instead of an awful situation where everyone is acting like it is his last race but he can't say one way or the other?

His career has ended poorly, but the success he has had in the past and the profile and following he has developed deserved better. It's not Williams crapping on Hill level, but it's not the end he deserved.
He left Red Bull by his own accord and like Junglist mentioned above, has done absolutely nothing to warrant his place in Formula 1 since (especially with the battering that LN gave him barring Monza).

This is the supposed pinnacle of motorsport and performance/results are king from Red Bull's point of view he should thank himself lucky he was given the chance in the first place - they owe him nothing.

Back
Top Bottom