Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
I can't see how making the cars marginally less wide is going to make any difference. From the 70's to mid 90s the cars were up to 2.2m wide. There's more fundamental issues affecting the quality of racing IMO.

Agree, it's the length of the cars that would make difference though not sure how much more they can shorten them without negatively affecting safety.

Caporegime
Agree, it's the length of the cars that would make difference though not sure how much more they can shorten them without negatively affecting safety.

Quite a lot. Especially with the engine change happening at the same time. Repackaging the engine to make it wider and shorter, reducing the overhang of the front wing past the front wheels, and making the car end at the rear wheels, all have potential to shorten the car without impacting crash safety at all.

Soldato
This popped up in my feed and I thought it amusing. We're over 3 weeks away from the Mexican GP and the organisers are getting worried about a local's backlash; Mexican Grand Prix wants respect for Verstappen and Marko: 'Be tolerant' :p

In all seriousness, you have to wonder how RB don't realise they're doing it wrong when they go to their driver's home GP and have to worry about getting booed (or worse) :confused:

Soldato
1 man makes an unacceptable comment, Scam paints an entire team of 3000+ people with the same brush stroke ("they're doing it wrong"), sites any single article as evidence. So incredibly boring.
Blah blah. I wasn’t painting the whole team with anything. “They’re doing it wrong” is a comment on their PR team and SMT actually - because they should have fired Marko.

Just tell me it isn’t weird that a team goes to their driver’s home GP expecting to get booed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Probably media ******** but seems there's been some rumours (denied of course) that Audi could pull the plug on their F1 entry, generally these things don't come into the media unless there's at least a little substance to it.

Probably wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if they did change their mind.

Last edited:
Associate
Probably media ******** but seems there's been some rumours (denied of course) that Audi could pull the plug on their F1 entry, generally these things don't come into the media unless there's at least a little substance to it.

Probably wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if they did change their mind.
There’s never smoke without fire in F1

Porsche have already pulled out and dragging Audi with them

Associate
A 17 month Prison sentence suspended for 2 years, that HMRC owed money will probably be setup on a pointless repayment plan which will extend way past when he passes away.

He'll probably will fly back to his Swiss Mansion/Coffee plantation and not really give a damn.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom