MOTs are changing from January 2012 - some of these will catch a lot of people out

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I did read a while ago that the drivers seat adjustments had to work as well, mine has electronic adjustment and hasnt worked for ages, its in the right position for me so I havnt bothered getting it fixed, I suppose I will have to now

My seats are welded to the floor.

Could be interesting come MOT time :)

But I suspect it will be along the lines of "if the seat should be adjustable then the fore/aft adjustment must work". If the seat is designed to be fixed then it probably wont be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

[TW]Fox;20622708 said:
No, he is saying how do they know if he has washers fitted. Non washer fitted Mondeos have the same cover as the ones with washers. So how do you know if his car has defective washers or no washers? You can't tell.

Well you can - you can see quite clearly the jets behing the bumber when the car is up on a ramp.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

[TW]Fox;21132162 said:
If the car is missing its undertray presumably.

You can see them from the sides of the undertray (Mondeos don't have completly enclosed engine bays) and through the lower valence grills. No need to remove the undertray.

Soldato
Had my mondeo MOT at Kwik fit on monday passed first time but had a couple of advisories that i thought a bid odd,

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay

Wont most modern cars have these? Also what are they actually obscuring what they are trying to look at? Is the fact they cant see them mean they cant fail them and assume they pass?

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Body covers means they haven't checked for rust.

Engine covers, I dunno, maybe engine mounts, basically anything on the MOT that's obscured by those.

Back
Top Bottom