Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

Associate
What is the pvp element? Just clan battles in the style of 3rd person Total War?

There's not too much there at the moment, you essentially have a deathmatch/team deathmatch mode with up to 100 players. Siege mode with up to 100 players, and captain battles where it's 6v6, but each player gets a squad of bots to command. All separate from the single player stuff.

It's slightly chaotic at the moment as there are no proper player dedicated servers, as soon as they come expect to see more organised battles & sieges from the clans, custom maps and most likely a horde mode vs the bots modded in. Will be great fun once it gets going.

Associate
Is there any sort of time frame for how long this will be in early access. I don’t think I’ll buy until co-op in implemented?I’ve far to many games to get through as it is.

Soldato
Is there any sort of time frame for how long this will be in early access. I don’t think I’ll buy until co-op in implemented?I’ve far to many games to get through as it is.

Think I read somewhere they expect it to be in early access for about a year. There are mods coming out already (think it's quite easy to port some of the warband mods) so I'm sure we'll see a complete game overhaul mod before the full game. :)

Associate
Think I read somewhere they expect it to be in early access for about a year. There are mods coming out already (think it's quite easy to port some of the warband mods) so I'm sure we'll see a complete game overhaul mod before the full game. :)
Ouch that’s a long wait.

Mods to the rescue again. did they implement it into the old Mount and Blade? If they did it was well after I stopped playing.

Soldato
I love this game and I have found this horrendously adddictive. I have about 330k, have just started my own kingdom and Im ready to take on the world, but......

I have not been able to play this game responsibly at all. I have had some seriously later nights (4am+). The combination of a seriously addictive game and no need to go to work at a fixed time, crushed my sense of responsiblity. In the words of my wife, ive been "acting like a teenager". I had to resort to deleting it from steam and selecting the option to hide it in my account!

(It is a bit reckless to be lacking sleep due to a game when there is a deadly virus going round.)

Soldato
Anyone come across this quest "Beware of the Company of Trouble quest"

The mercenaries are literally sucking me dry and there is no way to get rid of them. And I cannot convince any lord to take them off my hands. Feels broke unless my social is too low.

MY social is really low, but I found I was able to offload them fairly swiftly. Sometimes I have taken the quest and offfloaded to another noble in the same castle/ city.

Soldato
Loaded it up last night for a little play. Running people down on horse back is pretty soothing. Not so soothing when i get knoacked off and die quickly. but it's pretty good thus far. I'll give myself 500k later and build the best army ever and ROFL stomp the map.

I reccomend getting a double handed axe, running down people whilst swinging an absurd executioners axe is the peak of running people down. You can scythe down 2 or 3 infranty at once with an axe. Also great for one shotting enemy cavalry/ lords.

Soldato
what's the harm? serious question? so what if you're acting like a teenager if no harm. what are you not doing that you should be
Well, a few things really. I have been waking up 11 ish leaving my wife to look after our kids. I've not been getting much done in the day, as I only have an afternoon and no mornings, and I have been getting run down health wise with too many late nights.

Is is definitely fun to indulge yourself with a game that you love occasionally, but for me it was definitely sensible to have a break from this one.

Soldato
Well, a few things really. I have been waking up 11 ish leaving my wife to look after our kids. I've not been getting much done in the day, as I only have an afternoon and no mornings, and I have been getting run down health wise with too many late nights.

Is is definitely fun to indulge yourself with a game that you love occasionally, but for me it was definitely sensible to have a break from this one.

It's definitely dangerous on that front. I've just about got a handle on it so far, but whenever I start playing later than 8.30pm, I put a countdown on my phone, otherwise it'd be too easy to find myself suddenly realising it's 2am etc.

Soldato
Been chasing down looters and bandits mostly but decided to try my luck as a merc from one of the kingdoms. Still getting used to the name changes, wish they has stuck with the originals.
Found an enemy of the Vlandians (?), some brotherhood of the whatever. 53 vs 46 but hardly lost anyone. Got a lot of loot too which was a relief as was struggling a bit. Looters and Forest bandits don't provide much.

Joined an army and besieged a castle, I had my horse so put my shield up and galloped around drawing enemy fire. Didn't actually make it into the castle myself as it was over by then (500 or so vs 120 odd). Decent amount of loot from that too.

Eventually, an army caught us (1000 vs 450 or so of us). Huge running battle, had 10 archers under my command, spent most of it galloping around and doing ride-bys with my sword.
Won that which was a surprise. Great for the stat boost and tons of loot and more prisoners than I had room for. Lost half my men though. The 25k I sold everything for was handy though and some new kit for me and my minions.

Loving it so far, maybe more than the other incarnations.

Associate
I wish id known that the "speak to 10 lords" quest doesn't actually give you any rewards and you only need to do it as part of forming your own kingdom. I wasted so much time traveling around the world trying to locate elusive lords for zero immediate benefit, doh!

Soldato
A work colleague of mine put thousands of hours into the first one of these, I never tried it though, but I don't know if I can resist the hype train on this :(

Associate
Time to start a new game. Mine looks a lot like EssexBoys does up there but with the Southern Empire. I'm guessing a lot of lords became far too rich before various econmic nerfs and loyalty changes and it allowed a total snowball. I'm warming up to a return of Warbands system where it's a perpetual deadlock unless the player intervenes and any kingdom that gets too big gets stomped back to size by the others.

Gonna give them a few days to try and get it settled before starting again.

Soldato
Snowballing was at least helped in the patch released yesterday I believe, so might be worth already going for it :D.

Think the first one must have been one of the games I've put most hours into ever, probably by a fair margin.

The speak to 10 lords mission, I've just been doing as I spot them around, not trying to chase them down, think if I feel strong enough to start pushing out on my own, I'll maybe try and hurry it along. For now I'm looking into courting whilst building renown so I can join a faction.

Soldato
I wish id known that the "speak to 10 lords" quest doesn't actually give you any rewards and you only need to do it as part of forming your own kingdom. I wasted so much time traveling around the world trying to locate elusive lords for zero immediate benefit, doh!

By far the worst quest/mission i've ever encounted in a game....ever.

Back
Top Bottom