Mountain Biking

Soldato
I've just ordered the Canyon Nerve AL 9.9 for £1,799 but it's now sold out.

The 650b version is still available, but it's actually more expensive than the 29er.

Soldato
So my XC rides have been quite fun too and from work. But the edges of my (sorry for graphic detail) gooch hurt - where it joins the leg - can only assume I'm not sat on my seat correctly. Will move it forward and see if that improves.

The trails are generally really sandy, anything I can do to help get through these? I'm on hybrid tyres at the moment, wondering about some proper knobblies.

Soldato
Mate of mine at work borrowed by Grand Canyon CF SLX 9.9 to do the eiger bike last weekend. Someone knocked him off not long after the start, which bent the rear derailleur... ruined his race as he couldn't get it lined up properly, but now I'm hoping I'll get it all sorted as the XTR Di2 rear derailleurs aren't cheap!

Man of Honour
Mate of mine at work borrowed by Grand Canyon CF SLX 9.9 to do the eiger bike last weekend. Someone knocked him off not long after the start, which bent the rear derailleur... ruined his race as he couldn't get it lined up properly, but now I'm hoping I'll get it all sorted as the XTR Di2 rear derailleurs aren't cheap!

Surely the person that knocked him off should be sorting it? Guess they don't have any details/number etc. ?

Soldato
I'm yet to find out... I'll see. As long as it works as it should like when I gave it to him, I don't mind.
Annoying though, as I'm headed to Bordeaux this weekend and would have liked to take it with me. The roads / cycle paths are a bit crap for a road bike so was going to take this.
Bit overkill taking the Spectral :D

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Its nice to see a convertible helmet that actually looks like a proper full face when chin guard fitted, and it has a proper sized visor.
Just a shame it looks ******* hideous when the chin guard is removed, reminds me of one of those open face motorsports lids.

Caporegime
Not sure if I like it without the chin bar.

But I imagine for Enduro racing it's ideal. Would like to see how much force the chin bar can take.

Soldato
I just cant see who would buy that helmet other than enduro racers

it looks fine as a full face, but without the chin guard, its just too big / bulky / hot as an xc lid,

for me id know if I was going for a DH ride or an XC ride and just take normal better single type helmets for each of those tasks

I see the need for proper enduro dudes, who need one helmet for the DH bits and can quickly remove the chin for the uphill / transfer bits

Caporegime
I can understand it, to a degree.

Some of the climbs here for the DH trails are horrible. The confidence/safety of wearing a DH helmet is huge over a XC lid. Most of the time I tie my DH lid to my bag and cycle up without one.

Caporegime
Why anyone would wear a helmet pedalling up is beyond me.

I believe you have to for events, or your disqualified.

Club rides, it's frowned upon too. But then it's 30c+ here in the mountains, and I've not died when wearing one going up.

Anyone see Phil Atwill riding Fox Air DH, in his pants, on a hardtail? He's brilliant! Shame the commentating is dreadful, need some brits for Crankworx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom