Mountain Biking

Associate
Off to glentress/innerleithen again soon. Cant wait to hit inners again was awesome however this time going to explore a bit more as it seemed like a gold mine for tracks every fireroad! Are the good ones easy to find??

Soldato
Much downhill today
Many vert
So tired
Wife was loving it

20160821_114509_resized_1.jpg

Soldato
You'd have to pry my Aeris.RS out of my cold dead hands :) Don't really have any interest in the 120mm version, but I do really like the Zero.AM.

Enjoy Morzine! Not jealous. Nope. Nadda.

Caporegime
because they make sense for about 90% of Uk trail centers / local routes

especially when implementing a two bike solution (the other being a downhill bike :p)

someone I know just tagged themselves as being in Morzine on facebook - sadface

Yep, I think I'd have more fun on most trail centers on my HT than I would on the Aeries. The Aeries is perfect for out here mind, the HT just wouldn't be enough.

HT/FS is a better combo than two FS bikes.

Man of Honour
I have a Specialized Camber, pretty sure that's a 120. I love my Aeris waaaaaay more, but then it's a 26 vs 27.5 and geometry is different.
I don't think I'd ever get a 120 Aeris but OH might want one if it feels like a less travelly version of mine.

I just wish I could still ride a hardtail. I had a go of one when Ben (Pinnick) came up to Hamsterley a few weeks ago and it killed me. And I was only on it for about an hour.

Soldato
Can't see anything, but are there any disc rotors that are best to get, or will superstar/uberbike be fine for any application? These will be going on a CX bike, so short stops generally with limited weight being carried.

Caporegime
I have a Specialized Camber, pretty sure that's a 120. I love my Aeris waaaaaay more, but then it's a 26 vs 27.5 and geometry is different.
I don't think I'd ever get a 120 Aeris but OH might want one if it feels like a less travelly version of mine.

I just wish I could still ride a hardtail. I had a go of one when Ben (Pinnick) came up to Hamsterley a few weeks ago and it killed me. And I was only on it for about an hour.

I'm going to build mine back up for coming to the UK. It makes sense most places, leave the Aeris for the big stuff. Sadly unless I'm xc'n it in Cyprus. Any sort of trail would just be a killer on a HT, nothing is anywhere near smooth.

The A.M looks even better.

Solid - I just changed to ice tech rotors, and there quite different to the previous discs I had. But no doubt ss/Uber stuff will be fine.

But then anyone looking at a new bike should have their eyes on the new commencal! Wow.

Caporegime
So Greg Minnaar is Sat about 20ft away from me right now, staying at the same hotel.

The braking bumps out here are unreal! Les gets is hard work from it. Morzine black runs like a dream though!

Soldato
So Greg Minnaar is Sat about 20ft away from me right now, staying at the same hotel.

The braking bumps out here are unreal! Les gets is hard work from it. Morzine black runs like a dream though!

bottom of Lesgets was like a ladder, the bike park bits ok though
plenny was pretty bad and bottom of zore, but top of zore / chatel / linderets was all good

ask Minnaar if he remembers riding the trails i used to dig at in winchester in Sprung 4 (about 2000) :p

Soldato

I just avoided Les Gets after a couple of days, just unrideable. I rode a couple of off piste tracks in Morzine, I went down one so steep I literally had my brakes on the whole way down and sat on my rear tyre. Nigh on unrideable!

Caporegime
Yeah I think we're going to avoid les gets. Le pleney side isn't all that bad.

Heading over to super morzine this afternoon. Might look at chatel /lindarets tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom