Mountain Biking

Caporegime
Watching videos of the rampage scares the **** out of. I don't think I could ever go and watch it.

And 18kgs? LOL, nope. My bike is 'heavy' at about 14kgs. No way should a hardtail weigh anywhere near that.

Associate
Picked up today at £300 2nd hand with a d lock and it is wicked.
Changed to superstars grips.
igg4uc.jpg

Soldato
That Marin is supposed to be quite fun. The plus tires would help take the edge off being off road - the lack of suspension requiring maintenance is a definite plus with a commuter bike.

Just how "off-road" is the route?

We've actually sold quite a few of them for being a rather niche bike.

Not sure I'd buy one but it's a bike for someone to have alongside normal mtb and road bikes I guess.

Most brands have a +bike in the range, Felt do the surplus model too albeit with budget forks near that price. A fat bike with a normally spaced frame/BB rather than full on unique frame and daft BB lengths.

Soldato
I want to build up a winter play bike to get me through to next years bikes. There was a throwaway comment on MBR that £500 was enough to buy everything but frame and build something a bit sexy. I'm struggling with this a bit so was hoping for some help.

Can someone help spec me everything but frame for circa £500-800? Frame will be a aggressive hardtail. I'd prefer to put more money in good forks as I am unlikely to ever change these once bought.

Caporegime
I've had some sweeps, there perfectly fine. My 'upgrade' to pikes probably wasn't warrantied. I should've left them on and eventually upgraded to some 36s.

Soldato
Checked out Gnar bikepark today, very impressed, had a great days riding with a couple of mates.
Currently 5 tracks running in increasing difficulty, all quite short but enjoyable, but also means the push up isnt too strenuous, also its a loam fest!!! beautiful deep almost powdery loam in parts.
Get to the Chopper is by far the most enjoyable track, with gasoline alley a close second.
left feeling very satisfied, every drop/jump/feature successfully completed, we got 14 full runs in over the day and a load of sessioning features in between, stayed upright all day as well.
Ben the owner is a top bloke, mega friendly, had a good blether with him in the hut, and had a good chat with a few of the other riders on the hill.
Great day out and worth the 120mile round trip, will definitely head back over there again, will probably wait till there are a couple more new tracks, cant wait for Ben to finish Electric Landlady, from what he was saying its going to be brilliant, some proper big features!

Soldato
Well, I survived a trip to Descend bike park yesterday, on my trusty Capra! :D

Considering it's Danny Hart's training ground, I'm pleased with myself. The wife however, now has her right hand in a cast after trying to punch a hole in the ground with her thumb!

Back
Top Bottom