Mountain Biking

Soldato
Yeah I've just been looking at them since you brought them up. They are good spec for the cash but I'd find myself wishing i had got a good deal on a bike with a Lyric fork and reverb dropper etc.

The vitus on Crc right now has a hell of a spec for about £1775(discounts and cashback). Im also eyeing up a nukeproof mega at start fitness.

Need to sell some pc bits methinks!

Soldato
Chain reaction cycles have made the decision easier for me. My deliberation has meant XL bikes sold out again this week so I'll keep on holding out for the deal I really can't resist. Got a week of biking in Scotland in September so will just monitor deals til then.

Soldato
Did a nice 20 mile loop round the devil's punchbowl this morning following a mbuk route. Viewranger seems a really good app, but I don't have a bar mount for my phone so navigating was tricky. And Strava ****** up again (also running on my phone). Thinking about getting a trip computer for navigation and strava logging. What do people recommend?

Soldato
Did a nice 20 mile loop round the devil's punchbowl this morning following a mbuk route. Viewranger seems a really good app, but I don't have a bar mount for my phone so navigating was tricky. And Strava ****** up again (also running on my phone). Thinking about getting a trip computer for navigation and strava logging. What do people recommend?
Garmin 520 or maybe the newer 520 plus, read the reviews on dcrainmaker.com

Caporegime

Just got a wahoo bolt, not used it yet. But seems nice.

Soldato
Got this in the post this week.
3M29Ukbl.jpg
Cant wait! just heading up for the Sunday this year, wasnt sure if I was gonna be able to go so all planning etc was left way way to late, which meant accommodation was out the window and my tent is dead so no outdoor sleep overs until i get a new one (Screw sleeping under poncho with the midges).
Anyone else heading up there this year?

Also what a lovely Sunday evening, after the dull procession of Monaco i decided to load up the van and head out on to the Dales for a quick Sunday blast. Blue skys, not a cloud in sight, warm and just enough wind to keep the bugs down.
mTNnwvil.jpg

Soldato

Just got a wahoo bolt, not used it yet. But seems nice.

I've got an Elemnt bolt, brilliant little thing. The navigation is basic but works well - there's no onboard routing so it works off turn instructions added to the route, and it won't reroute you if you go off route.

I use mine for general ride logging, training sessions, navigation, etc. I was using a phone but the amount of times Strava would crash mid ride was annoying.

Soldato
Also using an element bolt, does everything I wanted and the maps although basic are plenty good enough

Did the Scott MTB Marathon yesterday. 50 miles in the baking heat after 3 days of being ill and not eating much.. Not my wisest idea! Could barely turn the pedals by the end and considering I was struggling to consume solid foods I was fueled almost solely off water and carb powder. I'm sure you can imagine what that did to my digestive system afterwards :eek:

Was pretty epic camping under the lightning Saturday night though

Soldato
Talking of carb gels etc, I got some super cheap ones from my local discount store, about 75p each - they do the job well tbh! One I had yesterday was cola flavour and it tasted exactly like the cheap cola ice pops we had as kids, which got me thinking... Can you freeze them? :D would keep them nice and cold as they tend to get a little warm sitting in a camelbak for a couple of hours ..

Associate
Also using an element bolt, does everything I wanted and the maps although basic are plenty good enough

Did the Scott MTB Marathon yesterday. 50 miles in the baking heat after 3 days of being ill and not eating much.. Not my wisest idea! Could barely turn the pedals by the end and considering I was struggling to consume solid foods I was fueled almost solely off water and carb powder. I'm sure you can imagine what that did to my digestive system afterwards :eek:

Was pretty epic camping under the lightning Saturday night though

Also did this on the back of 20 miles Friday, 20 miles in the peaks with my lad Saturday and then the MTB Marathon! furthest I have ever done and I have never had cramp like it by mile 40odd...was a great day and something I might get addicted to but need to actually think about fuel BEFORE riding and not just "be alright on jelly babies and a tin of rice pudding"!

Soldato
Calibre Bossnut is fantastic. Just as many smiles riding it as the T130 I demo'd, and way more when I look at my bank balance :D

Did 2 loops of Llandegla yesterday it's a hoot on a full suss compared to a hardtail.

Back
Top Bottom